Maggard Razors Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Is there an easy way to know which is the base of this soap, or any B&M soap for that matter?
If it's a brand new soap it'll almost certainly be Excelsior. The recent Fougere releases that are exclusive to Maggard was the exception, they were in Reserve. The Barrister website will normally list which base it's in. Maggard doesn't always do that unfortunately.
 

Eurofighter

Forum GOD!
I think it could be a nice addition to the soap label. Right now I couldn't tell the difference between a Glissant base tub and an Excelsior base one.
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
I think it could be a nice addition to the soap label. Right now I couldn't tell the difference between a Glissant base tub and an Excelsior base one.
It's quite easy to spot the difference between Glissant and Excelsior. Just look for the Excelsior symbol on the bottom label. The only exception so far has been Vespers which was the first soap in the Excelsior base last year. Not sure if he added the Excelsior symbol to the new Vespers batch he created this year. Another option would be to look at the ingredients (Excelsior contains Xanthan Gum for example while Glissant doesn't).

 
Last edited:

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Bought another product, but it wasn't on sale though (which was to be expected since it's a new release). If you live in the States, it might be worth ordering it from the Barrister and Mann website because it's $1 cheaper there compared to Maggard Razors ($17.99 vs $18.99).

 

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
Interesting, I'm a big fan of neroli, and I used A&E L'orange Verte today and it had a lovely tangerine smell. Let me know how it smells when you get it.
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Interesting, I'm a big fan of neroli, and I used A&E L'orange Verte today and it had a lovely tangerine smell. Let me know how it smells when you get it.
I also own A&E L'Orange Verte which smells like earthy/dirty citrus to my nose. Another big favourite of mine is BaM Seville. It will be interesting to see how Nordost compares to these two.
 

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
I also own A&E L'Orange Verte which smells like earthy/dirty citrus to my nose. Another big favourite of mine is BaM Seville. It will be interesting to see how Nordost compares to these two.
It was more the splash that had the extra tangerine. I love Seville too! Wondering if I bother waiting to hear how it is or just buy it...
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
It was more the splash that had the extra tangerine. I love Seville too! Wondering if I bother waiting to hear how it is or just buy it...
That's up to you to decide. This is the full (scent) description given by BaM:
“Try not thinking of peeling an orange. Try not imagining the juice running down your fingers, the soft inner part of the peel. The smell. Try and you can’t. The brain doesn’t process negatives.” -Douglas Coupland

Of all the brilliant creations of Chinese antiquity, perhaps none is so humble or so enchanting as the orange. Sweet and juicy, warm and inviting, the fruit has been cultivated around the world for centuries, and was so prized by Louis XIV that he ordered the construction of an orangery at Versailles that remains one of the largest and grandest in the world, housing hundreds of plans since its completion in 1663. The French king was even known to have the trees potted in solid silver basins and placed throughout the state rooms of the palace in order to perfume the air. Unfortunately, transferring that wonderful scent to soap has proven to be difficult.

Orange oil is famously frustrating to work with, highly unstable and prone to oxidation, and extremely weak unless you use the stuff by the bucketful, which can disturb the chemistry of soap and presents skin allergen problems. We’ve searched for years for a safe way to produce an orange scent that properly reflects the rich warmth of the genuine article, and, at long last, we’ve finally found it. The product of this effort is our newest and grandest citrus creation: Nordost.

Rich and elegant, with undertones of dusky sweetness, Nordost is the smell of smoked oranges, their peels made leathery by the heat, their juice darkened and concentrated and wonderful. This is no weak, muddled orange scent, handicapped by the fruit’s natural oil, but instead an intense, distinctly authetic fragrance so deeply luscious that you’ll swear you’ve buried your face in a basket of the real thing. We consider Nordost to be one of our crowning achievements, a glorious, impassioned love letter to the warmest and friendliest citrus. Enjoy, and long live the orange.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Not terribly exciting but I’ve just ordered 200 lab blues from Maggard. I used a Feather last week and going back to the Personna was like welcoming an old friend, so I bought some more. :D
 
Top