Great, just what I need... More brushes to choose fromI contacted Nick (Mr Maseto) about the availability of Fan knots in the 24mm knot.
He got back to me today. He's planning on supplying them from next.![]()


He's also offering free shipping in August.
Pre bloom and cleanMy first Maseto brush has arrived after being dispatched on the 17th,I went for a 30mm Fan in Silvertip with a green handle.

How dense is this knot? I have the 2 band but haven't been impressed with its density.
I'm not really all that qualified to answer as I'm mainly a synthetic brush user and only have one other badger but I'd say fairly dense but not probably not by much if that helps at all. Looking at his brushes on offer it only looks like the smaller sizes are the very dense ones.How dense is this knot? I have the 2 band but haven't been impressed with its density.
Can anyone compare the 30mm silvertip to a Chubby 2 for density?How dense is this knot? I have the 2 band but haven't been impressed with its density.
You can ask them for denser knots as they will accommodate you. I have two of these denser knots waiting to be set into two custom handles. However, if you are referring to the 30mm 2-Band brushes, then I am quite surprised you don't find them dense enough, for you. I have three and they are quite dense.How dense is this knot? I have the 2 band but haven't been impressed with its density.
I wonder if that's down to inconsistencies in their knots or our expectations. However, you have plenty of large 2-band knots to compare them to so I suspect it's the former....However, if you are referring to the 30mm 2-Band brushes, then I am quite surprised you don't find them dense enough, for you. I have three and they are quite dense.
It is a possibility and that is a shame that yours isn't as dense as you would have liked. I guess you could easily sell it and get another denser one, though.I wonder if that's down to inconsistencies in their knots or our expectations. However, you have plenty of large 2-band knots to compare them to so I suspect it's the former.
