June 2021 Acquisitions

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
That handle looks half finished. Does it look that bad in real life? It looks shocking in this photo.
Not the best photo admittedly, but if you‘re referring to the lines that run down the handle between the knurling and stop mid-way, you‘re seeing correctly. The adjuster knob is also a bit on the rough side. The quality of finish on my specimen is undoubtedly a good step below that of a Rex.

On the bright side, the feel in hand is excellent and I‘m nevertheless looking forward to the first shave tomorrow.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
Not the best photo admittedly, but if you‘re referring to the lines that run down the handle between the knurling and stop mid-way, you‘re seeing correctly. The adjuster knob is also a bit on the rough side. The quality of finish on my specimen is undoubtedly a good step below that of a Rex.

On the bright side, the feel in hand is excellent and I‘m nevertheless looking forward to the first shave tomorrow.
Shocking for €250.
 

Will-J

Forum GOD!
After being so good and not buying any soap for over a year I caved in as this was 20% off at The English Shaving Co. £25 delivered and the last SV soap I had lasted well over 12 months of regular use.

EBE02E4E-66FC-4DC6-97D9-C8AD5D32B458.jpeg


Not so impressed though that they used these polystyrene lumps for packaging, what’s wrong with some crumpled paper that I can easily recycle?

587ABBB4-5538-406F-AE29-3F29D6B28888.jpeg
 

Morpheus

Forum GOD!
After being so good and not buying any soap for over a year I caved in as this was 20% off at The English Shaving Co. £25 delivered and the last SV soap I had lasted well over 12 months of regular use.

View attachment 94797

Not so impressed though that they used these polystyrene lumps for packaging, what’s wrong with some crumpled paper that I can easily recycle?

View attachment 94798
They should dissolve in water buddy... easy.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
After being so good and not buying any soap for over a year I caved in as this was 20% off at The English Shaving Co. £25 delivered and the last SV soap I had lasted well over 12 months of regular use.

View attachment 94797

Not so impressed though that they used these polystyrene lumps for packaging, what’s wrong with some crumpled paper that I can easily recycle?

View attachment 94798
Received likewise, this morning with a splash.
I simply keep and use again.
 
Top