June 2021 Acquisitions

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Not shaving related. But I thought I will share with brothers here the reason why I am posting it. There are just no jeans available a gent can wear without making a caricature of himself. At least not where I live.

Finally after ages I got a pair of jeans that is sturdy, old school, doesn’t look like a prop from Mad Max, real high waist and no chance of 'plumber's butt'. But just when it was turning out too good to be true, the weave is not the usual twill weave we are accustomed to. It looks more like a fine hounds tooth to me. But I have not paid silly money for it so I can live with that.

IMG_20210629_224543_hdr.jpg
IMG_20210629_224756_hdr.jpg
 

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
According to FS, it's made with the same BASF fibres. Aside from there being a little more resistance due to the shorter loft, face feel is identical
Bugger....you have cost me money. The Muhle 25mm STF1 is a cream in a bowl brush. I like the more resistance concept
 

J349

Forum GOD!
First impression of the razor is excellent, very well built and finished, but what amazed me the most was the balance holding it, I will try it later on.

This soap from Lodrino is another winner for me, I really like is scents and this one is no exception. I think it dethroned PAA CaD as my favorite barbershop scent.

Very nice scent on the Harvest Moon as well 👍

IMG_20210630_113216_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20210630_112359.jpg
IMG_20210630_113342.jpg
 

hlkkzn

Forum GOD!
First impression of the razor is excellent, very well built and finished, but what amazed me the most was the balance holding it, I will try it later on.

This soap from Lodrino is another winner for me, I really like is scents and this one is no exception. I think it dethroned PAA CaD as my favorite barbershop scent.

Very nice scent on the Harvest Moon as well 👍

View attachment 95177View attachment 95178View attachment 95179

enjoy it, my friend
 

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
So, how is your dream brush in the flesh?
Words can’t describe the colour. It sure is a thing of beauty. The knot itself is very firm so don’t think it will be much of a scrubber and more of a painter. Going to do a disinfectant lather with it and see how it sheds. I’ve heard horror stories of simpsons brushes shedding like crazy so fingers crossed I’ve got a good knot. Id hate to return it. Many respects as always my friend. J.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Words can’t describe the colour. It sure is a thing of beauty. The knot itself is very firm so don’t think it will be much of a scrubber and more of a painter. Going to do a disinfectant lather with it and see how it sheds. I’ve heard horror stories of simpsons brushes shedding like crazy so fingers crossed I’ve got a good knot. Id hate to return it. Many respects as always my friend. J.
No horror stories with this brush, Joseph. Manchurian knots don't shed. The culprits have been either Best and 3-Band super, the latter in particular.
 
Top