July 2020 Acquisitions

Dr Watson

James
James, I bought mine direct from Floris.
Mine also has shea butter, but list is different.

View attachment 72615
There's a couple of different recent formulations out there, the positive news is they're all good soaps, for once :happy:

The key difference is the addtion of coco butter (Potassium cocoate) sorry, that's what I meant rather than shea. I think (could be wrong of course!) that Floris may have sent you the slightly older (but still good) version.

For reference: https://www.atgshaving.com/threads/floris.7213/page-3#post-345504
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
There's a couple of different recent formulations out there, the positive news is they're all good soaps, for once :happy:

The key difference is the addtion of coco butter (Potassium cocoate) sorry, that's what I meant rather than shea. I think (could be wrong of course!) that Floris may have sent you the slightly older (but still good) version.

For reference: https://www.atgshaving.com/threads/floris.7213/page-3#post-345504
I'll give it a go for next shave, James. The fact that sodium palmate is not 1st ingredient is good enough for me.
 

Dodgy vu

Forum GOD!
I'll give it a go for next shave, James. The fact that sodium palmate is not 1st ingredient is good enough for me.
Hi there,

Coincidentally, this morning I used an older version of the Elite soap with some well reviewed ingredients and today I figured out the best way to lather this product. This is the 4th time me tweaking the amount of time loading and the actual time using a brush needed for best performance for my tastes. Both of those took some dialing in with more of each working the best so far, and now it's much better on my face.

Scent is still something I'm not sure about. Certainly not offensive or anything to stop using it, but to me there's not a lot of attraction with the notes represented. Scent is medium at most, even though the puck was still sealed. Bought the soap on a blind scent leap of faith and I don't regret seeing what's up. Always a crapshoot how my nose handles things.

Anyway, I think you'll be pleased with the purchase but it might take a few shaves to get the maximum performance.

Martin
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Hi there,

Coincidentally, this morning I used an older version of the Elite soap with some well reviewed ingredients and today I figured out the best way to lather this product. This is the 4th time me tweaking the amount of time loading and the actual time using a brush needed for best performance for my tastes. Both of those took some dialing in with more of each working the best so far, and now it's much better on my face.

Scent is still something I'm not sure about. Certainly not offensive or anything to stop using it, but to me there's not a lot of attraction with the notes represented. Scent is medium at most, even though the puck was still sealed. Bought the soap on a blind scent leap of faith and I don't regret seeing what's up. Always a crapshoot how my nose handles things.

Anyway, I think you'll be pleased with the purchase but it might take a few shaves to get the maximum performance.

Martin
Not used the Elite scent, Martin. I used No.89 and JF back in 2011 and used the tallow No.89. All performed well back then; I'm hoping a repeat this time around.
I do wish JF hadn't been discontinued.
 

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
Paradigm SE Ti.

Also expecting later today (via DHL) a Casio Edifice EQB-1000D-1AER (I was heading for a carbon core G-Shock Gravitymaster from Jura Watches at £375+p&p but that slim Edifice was on my mind since last November when I did not manage to find it in stock in South Korea, and now at £135+p&p it was a no brainer). Will complement my MT-G much better, and it is cheaper as well.
 
Top