Journaling

Matsilainen

Forum GOD!
The nice thing about pen & paper is that they require no electricity, rebooting, etc. But for the past couple of years, I have gotten so used to using the Notepad++ program (along with Markdown formatting) for both journaling and task management purposes (often writing around 1,000 lines of journal entries per month) that it’s difficult to think of going back to pen and paper.

However, I enjoy seeing the tools you all use and reading about your experiences. I firmly believe that writing things down helps in sorting things out and relieving the mind from unnecessary clutter.

bandito

Ex-Addict
When people started writing in journals instead of diaries? Not sure if / how they differ other than that, although I use my diary and journal differently, I'm sure that how I use my journal is no different to how others use a diary

Darkbulb

Member #10
When did the expression 'journaling' take over from keeping a diary?
Could well be my mistake - English is probably my second or third language in terms of proficiency and I do find that I sometimes pick words that are slightly less apt taking the context into consideration :)

Darkbulb

Member #10
Having a look online you see a lot of females demonstrating their Hobo's and MTN's but very few guys. Don't know why that is, but if your looking for inspiration have a look here

Diary Habits

31 Day Challenge

Prompts for Personal Writing

I went a bit mental tonight with the brushes and did this:

View attachment 6426

View attachment 6427

Don't think I will go to those extremes again, but, I liked some of the blends of colour.
I like it. I also like how you change the orientation of how you write - both on Jan 2 and 3.
Keep it up and this will be such a great book to look back at 5-10-20 years from now and 're-live' some of the days - good and bad :)

wazza

a dog got personality
Well due to this thread I've bought a journal. I used to write one years ago. I asked the wife if she wanted to join in with me and write it regarding bring up our son. Sounds cheesy I know but hopefully it will be a nice to pass on when he's all grown up, or us to look back on.

Paul_y2k

Forum GOD!
Well due to this thread I've bought a journal. I used to write one years ago. I asked the wife if she wanted to join in with me and write it regarding bring up our son. Sounds cheesy I know but hopefully it will be a nice to pass on when he's all grown up, or us to look back on.
Funny thing that. I was thinking of doing 'A year in the Life of ....childs name...' we have three so it would be one of them per year, and difficult to do it for all three, but one a year is not impossible.

Darkbulb

Member #10
Funny thing that. I was thinking of doing 'A year in the Life of ....childs name...' we have three so it would be one of them per year, and difficult to do it for all three, but one a year is not impossible.
I'd say those are amazing reasons for keeping a journal and you can really get creative as well with including drawings, hand/finger prints, have them do some writing (depending on age, etc) - maybe even try out cursive :wink:. attach photos, etc, etc :)

Paul_y2k

Forum GOD!
I'd say those are amazing reasons for keeping a journal and you can really get creative as well with including drawings, hand/finger prints, have them do some writing (depending on age, etc) - maybe even try out cursive :wink:. attach photos, etc, etc :)
I suppose the good thing is it can start on their birthdays as they are in April, May and November.

In fact I think I will!

What goes around, comes around @Darkbulb. Thanks for the enabling:woot: