J.A. HENCKELS SOLINGEN ( HENSO) DE razor

Boru62

Shaving Boar
Henkels made straights and one SE (Rapide), didn't know they made a DE.
Don't know if Henso is the model or the name of a shop who commissioned them to make it.
Lovely looking razor.

Edit: They still make knives

Last edited:

gvw755

Forum GOD!
I think I read a while back that Henso was short for Henckels Solingen. That particular razor was either made by Merkur for Henckels, or was made by Henckels using the Merkur design. Visually you can tell they share the same DNA.

efsk

Forum GOD!
I think Merkur made them. I was outbid on a Henckels 37 once, a model Merkur produced for quite a number of brands.

efsk

Forum GOD!
I'm starting to beleive ALL Solingen razormakers had slants. A lot of these were rebranded things, and a lot of these were original.

lloydrm

Forum GOD!
Only that I've been searching for one of those for the last 20-30 months ...
Happy Camper.

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

It is an interesting razor. I typically like some blade feel which this doesn't have, yet the shave is pretty nice.
The handle is not particularly attractive, though I have to say the two part holding mechanism is nice.
Installing a quality handle has a smooth feel that I've only experienced with a Wolfman razor. It is not as tight, but the roll-bearing feel is the same. Only one shave in, but very pleased so far.

jmudrick

Forum GOD!
I think Merkur made them. I was outbid on a Henckels 37 once, a model Merkur produced for quite a number of brands.
This one (pocket razor edition on a Matador handle) arrived today.

Which Merkur head does it resemble? Looks very Fatippy or Phillitey to me.

Last edited:

jmudrick

Forum GOD!
This razor was pretty much a bust for me. Really mild and a disconcerting amount of audible feedback resembling blade chatter. I'll give it a second try using the tiny handle it came with but as the head seems perfectly tight I don't think that will help.