If MONEY was no object, what Soap would you buy & use?

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
So what is your pick?
If I had to choose two artisan soap brands until I R.I.P. it’ll be Stirling and Woolly Wash Soapery (Australian made).

I’m no longer interested in higher end quality artisan soap anymore, it’s getting too expensive now, but, I’m glad I’ve still got about three or four different high end artisan soap brand in my den is enough and no more.

My advice is, just stick to the artisan soap that is budget-wise, and the quality is very reasonable and good for your skin, that’s all.

K eep
I t
S imple
S tupid
 

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
If I had to choose two artisan soap brands until I R.I.P. it’ll be Stirling and Woolly Wash Soapery (Australian made).

I’m no longer interested in higher end quality artisan soap anymore, it’s getting too expensive now, but, I’m glad I’ve still got about three or four different high end artisan soap brand in my den is enough and no more.

My advice is, just stick to the artisan soap that is budget-wise, and the quality is very reasonable and good for your skin, that’s all.

K eep
I t
S imple
S tupid

K.I.S.S. works, sometimes you chase some grail Soap only to find it is not much different then something that costs a reasonable amount of money.
 
Last edited:

Pedigree

Forum GOD!
If I had to choose two artisan soap brands until I R.I.P. it’ll be Stirling and Woolly Wash Soapery (Australian made).

I’m no longer interested in higher end quality artisan soap anymore, it’s getting too expensive now, but, I’m glad I’ve still got about three or four different high end artisan soap brand in my den is enough and no more.

My advice is, just stick to the artisan soap that is budget-wise, and the quality is very reasonable and good for your skin, that’s all.

K eep
I t
S imple
S tupid
I've never understood the appeal of artisan soaps and am puzzled why anyone would pay the prices they charge for them.
 

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
I've never understood the appeal of artisan soaps and am puzzled why anyone would pay the prices they charge for them.

Let me help you understand.

Hype

U-Tubers, and Bloggers say Holly Grail of Soaps.

F.O.M.O. ='s Fear of Missing Out or Opportunity.

Collector or Hoards, who has to have one of everything for collection.

Douglas Smythe aka Erick Hodges of PAA, has created a band of followers, who have to have everything he produces. Smart business plan, that is working and more are become part of the PAA Space Cadet Army.
 

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
Let me help you understand.

Hype

U-Tubers, and Bloggers say Holly Grail of Soaps.

F.O.M.O. ='s Fear of Missing Out or Opportunity.

Collector or Hoards, who has to have one of everything for collection.

Douglas Smythe aka Erick Hodges of PAA, has created a band of followers, who have to have everything he produces. Smart business plan, that is working and more are become part of the PAA Space Cadet Army.
@Pedigree


And don’t forget, the scent profile can also cause them to buy the artisan soaps as well.
 

Randy

Forum GOD!
@Pedigree


And don’t forget, the scent profile can also cause them to buy the artisan soaps as well.
What? No. Scent profile never did anything for me. Almost all scents are mediocre at best. Performance is what I was interested in.

Only Saponificio Varesino is the gamechanger for me, scent based.

Stirling is also a good soap, nothing more. I have 4 or 5 but I wouldn't buy anything new.
 

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
Because some of them are better than ToOBS and DR Harris and even MWF when I could get it to work for me.


The getting to work thing is a learning curve IMHO Soap Brand to Brand, each is different, each requires more or less water to soap ration, and working or whipping time.

Not Rocket Science, just practice. No instant gratification, or getting most things perfect first try. Life is not like that except on TV or in the Movies, and last no participation trophies for failure to reward failures.

Trail, error, and practice develop technique, and last time invested.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
The getting to work thing is a learning curve IMHO Soap Brand to Brand, each is different, each requires more or less water to soap ration, and working or whipping time.

Not Rocket Science, just practice. No instant gratification, or getting most things perfect first try. Life is not like that except on TV or in the Movies, and last no participation trophies for failure to reward failures.

Trail, error, and practice develop technique, and last time invested.
I’ve used several pucks of HR Harris and a couple of creams, at least 5 pucks of MWF and one tub of ToOBS cream and even after ‘mastering’ / optimising them they are still not as good as B&M, Mike’s or A&E. So I’ve invested more than enough time before coming to my conclusion
 

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
I’ve used several pucks of HR Harris and a couple of creams, at least 5 pucks of MWF and one tub of ToOBS cream and even after ‘mastering’ / optimising them they are still not as good as B&M, Mike’s or A&E. So I’ve invested more than enough time before coming to my conclusion

Well in your case you have three you like well enough to call them your BIG III.
 
Top