icoloniali

celestino

Forum GOD!
I hope to track down one of these pucks of soap to give it another try as I wasn't greatly impressed with the scent when I first tried it, a few years ago. :)
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I hope to track down one of these pucks of soap to give it another try as I wasn't greatly impressed with the scent when I first tried it, a few years ago. :)
I get is off a seller on ebay (brand new refills only). Very impressed with the slickness, only used once so need to dial in the cushion.
 
I coloniali Mango was the first shaving soap I ever used.

The first two weeks or so were hell. New brush, hard Essex water, no technique - no lather. :cry:

Loved the fragrance though.

Joined some forums, educated myself on lather production, and still had problems.

Moved on to DR Harris Arlington and Valobra Menthol, both much easier, and I began to learn how to make lather properly.

I revisted the I coloniali a few weeks ago, and it was completely different - creamy, dense thick lather - it now provides me with wonderful close shaves, and a fantastic face feel afterwards.

It's such a shame that it is being discontinued - although a web search did suggest that the manufacturers are going to rerelease next year.

So here's hoping.
 
Last edited:

blueskye

Member
I really appreciate this soaps slickness and it's very unique scent. I have a full puck at the moment and would like to add one more as all indications point to this soap being discontinued.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
But what about performance wise? I recall you saying the soap stood out.
Sorry for the very late reply @Mr Bigmem the soap is more slick than the rubbed cream. Scent is slightly stronger from the cream, also a lot less smoke comes through. I do prefer the scent from the soap.
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Sorry for the very late reply @Mr Bigmem the soap is more slick than the rubbed cream. Scent is slightly stronger from the cream, also a lot less smoke comes through. I do prefer the scent from the soap.
Not a prob Nish, I know i've missed a few quotes in the past. Just so sad they've stop making it.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Not a prob Nish, I know i've missed a few quotes in the past. Just so sad they've stop making it.
I hear you my friend, it was also disappointing that the EDT doesn't match or really compliment the soap. It is a fresh linen scent, where the soap is darker and spicier.
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I hear you my friend, it was also disappointing that the EDT doesn't match or really compliment the soap. It is a fresh linen scent, where the soap is darker and spicier.
I still have hope a store owner will find a large amount in their storage and put it up for sale lol
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I still have hope a store owner will find a large amount in their storage and put it up for sale lol
I have a couple of unopened pucks in storage. This and vintage white top Old Spice aftershave are the only two things in my shaving store room. Almost forgot I also have a tube of Erasmic (made in Jordan).
 
Top