Ice scraper

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Re-visiting this thread having had frost on the windscreen twice this week. Looking at the Swedish ice scrapers. For those who own one, still happy with it?

halvor

a most elusive fish
No better or worse than others if you ask me, @Nishy Then again, I live by the coast and can get layers of ice on my windscreen that would get the Night King crawling home to mummy...

It’s comfortable to hold, quite possibly a little sharper than others, so all in all a good choice.

Wayne

Forum Sod
A bucket of barely warm water is perfect. If it burns when you put your hand in it’s too much. If you can comfortably put your hand in for a good while it’s ok. That’s all you need never mind Swedish scrapers

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
A bucket of barely warm water is perfect. If it burns when you put your hand in it’s too much. If you can comfortably put your hand in for a good while it’s ok. That’s all you need never mind Swedish scrapers
Been doing this for years, only luke warm but does the job. The Yeti though has a heated front screen, takes just seconds !

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Re-visiting this thread having had frost on the windscreen twice this week. Looking at the Swedish ice scrapers. For those who own one, still happy with it?
Yes, still going strong and doing what it should. :)

There are a couple of disadvantages to the warm water approach, one being that the water runs off your car and freezes on your driveway for you or your kids to slip on, the other being that it’s not readily available in the car park at work.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Yes, still going strong and doing what it should. :)

There are a couple of disadvantages to the warm water approach, one being that the water runs off your car and freezes on your driveway for you or your kids to slip on, the other being that it’s not readily available in the car park at work.
Once I’ve buggered off I don’t care what’s left behind lol.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Doesn’t help on a cold engine but. If you want a warm wash wipe, get a good length of wash bottle tubing and a couple of joining bits that fit in the tubing. Wrap the tubing around your top rad hose, cut your original wiper water line join up. Once that top rad tube gets warm it will warm the wash wipe line and you have a warm wash wipe. Also helps defrost that was wipe line.

dadant

Forum GOD!
It's just a piece of perspex with a few edges, quite pretty though.

Quite difficult to crack a modern screen with very hot water, believe me I've been trying for the past twenty years and no issues, don't try it with an already cracked or chipped screen obviously.

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
It’s comfortable to hold, quite possibly a little sharper than others, so all in all a good choice.
+1. I gave some as Christmas gifts and received positive comments. The wiper blade slot is a favorite and unique.

p.b

Forum GOD!
My latest Focus allows me to remotely start the car. I couldn’t understand why I would want to until talking to some German colleagues: now I remotely start it 5 minutes before leaving and if it’s below a certain temperature it’ll also automatically turn on the heated screen seats and steering wheel. Which is nice!

Wayne

Forum Sod
My latest Focus allows me to remotely start the car. I couldn’t understand why I would want to until talking to some German colleagues: now I remotely start it 5 minutes before leaving and if it’s below a certain temperature it’ll also automatically turn on the heated screen seats and steering wheel. Which is nice!
I remember when Fords wouldnt start at all!