How will this Pandemic affect this hobby

Boycie83

Space Cadet
I imagine we're all going to be quarantined in the UK soon. For my sanity, I'm going to teach my daughters to shave - blade-less of course. Let's assume this increases my soap usage by 300%, I should still be good until 2063

Steve

Boomer Member
The last time the Greeks influenced anyone was at the Battle of Thermopylae. American Imperialism? The only foreign land we've ever claimed is the land we used to bury our dead.

I do agree with your assertion that Italy is the centre of the shaving software universe; Germany being the hardware centre, and American software (for the most part), sucks.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
I was the one who started this thread. You could at least mention the name of the member you got the idea from, as well as the forum. Nikos.a and DFS. At least this is what I would do, if I were you. Of course, it's not copyrighted and you can do whatever you like, but it's a bit more gentlemanly way to go. :wink:

It turned out political because there are members on forums who think it's a good idea to belittle a nation's efforts and hard fights against the Nazis, implying that only the Americans fought them and because of them the whole Europe does not speak German today. I'm Greek by the way. This happened on DFS. This discussion came out of nowhere. Basically it started because I said that Italian and EU products in general has much more demand than American artisan products, which is absolutely true. An established company's turnover with decades of history can't be compared to a person's that makes soaps at his house with no certifications and regulation compliance. This hurt their feelings.
I could apologise for the tone that’s about to come because I’ve been on nights when I shouldn’t be (Coronavirus) so I haven’t slept since 6am yesterday but you asked for it. Mods feel free to admonish me should you need to.
897B3A5A-E34C-4434-98E2-7F267D50E0F6.jpeg

Get you!
Chill a bit.
Did I say this thread was my idea? Did I take the credit?
No, I freely gave that to another forum.
To come on here and bang on that it was yours is frankly narcissistic and slightly odd, even more so since you’ve been a member for a couple of years but never once posted till now.
You bang on about EU soaps being in more demand, that’s highly highly debatable.
YMMV. On the whole, US soaps probably have a wider range of ‘better’ products.
That’s a thread for elsewhere and been done to death anyway.
Speaking of death, I saw your thread and thought yep a good thread.
As the day has gone on I’ve leaned the other way, many countries inc the U.K. and the US aren’t at the peak of this yet and we’re here banging away about possibly not getting access to boutique razors etc when literally hundreds of thousands could die and similar numbers find themselves in hardships they never could of imagined.
I’m embarrassed and ashamed at how I thought this was a good idea
Rant over

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I could apologise for the tone that’s about to come because I’ve been on nights when I shouldn’t be (Coronavirus) so I haven’t slept since 6am yesterday but you asked for it. Mods feel free to admonish me should you need to.
View attachment 64999
Get you!
Chill a bit.
Did I say this thread was my idea? Did I take the credit?
No, I freely gave that to another forum.
To come on here and bang on that it was yours is frankly narcissistic and slightly odd, even more so since you’ve been a member for a couple of years but never once posted till now.
You bang on about EU soaps being in more demand, that’s highly highly debatable.
YMMV. On the whole, US soaps probably have a wider range of ‘better’ products.
That’s a thread for elsewhere and been done to death anyway.
Speaking of death, I saw your thread and thought yep a good thread.
As the day has gone on I’ve leaned the other way, many countries inc the U.K. and the US aren’t at the peak of this yet and we’re here banging away about possibly not getting access to boutique razors etc when literally hundreds of thousands could die and similar numbers find themselves in hardships they never could of imagined.
I’m embarrassed and ashamed at how I thought this was a good idea
Rant over
I see no reason to get involved/moderate this debate between the two of you, I think the bigger issue at present is more important. Once again happy for opinions to be expressed in accordance with our forum rules.

Steve

Boomer Member
Fear and trepidation of the unknown can make for a lively debate, even if shaving is only tangentially involved. :confused:

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I agree that there may some casualties in terms of some smaller shaving suppliers which means that we could end up seeing less options available to feed our various acquisition disorders. It will take some time for things to normalize but eventually I imagine we'll see new businesses taking the place of those who were not able to survive. Tough times we are facing.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Gentlemen. It is only shaving. How many Artisans have we lost before all these Shenannigans? Lots. Artisans come and go, always have, always will. Many of us only support these Artisans for a short time anyway when they are new then they are forgotten for the next new thing.

Blackie

Forum GOD!
Depends on how India and Russia get on with fighting the virus.
If those two countries loose capacity to get production going again I can see blade shortages ahead.
I only have about 4 years worth of blades and the bladepocalypse is coming (aaaarrrggghhhhh).
Seriously, do you think that blades will be harder to get soon? Prices will go up (of course) if the blade factories aren't working, or at limited production rate.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Depends on how India and Russia get on with fighting the virus.
If those two countries loose capacity to get production going again I can see blade shortages ahead.
I only have about 4 years worth of blades and the bladepocalypse is coming (aaaarrrggghhhhh).
Seriously, do you think that blades will be harder to get soon? Prices will go up (of course) if the blade factories aren't working, or at limited production rate.
There will be millions and millions of blades in warehouses across the world, no need to panic just yet.