How do you like your lather?

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I must add here that for the last pass, density is your enemy. The blade won't catch the remaining hairs.
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
You could watch something like this, which was very helpful for me as I learned to build lathers. I now don’t have the volume just as much as he does but it’s still there and this is almost a foolproof method with synthetics in particular.

View: https://youtu.be/ecoUdtWxQxo
Um?
For one I’m not having a problem with my lather.
Two, I don’t load my brush at all.
Three, like I said I don’t face lather often, well unless it’s a stick.

And lastly, probably most importantly, I can’t trust someone wearing a ManU jersey. I know better than that.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Um?
For one I’m not having a problem with my lather.
Two, I don’t load my brush at all.
Three, like I said I don’t face lather often, well unless it’s a stick.

And lastly, probably most importantly, I can’t trust someone wearing a ManU jersey. I know better than that.
Arsenal perhaps??
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Um?
For one I’m not having a problem with my lather.
Two, I don’t load my brush at all.
Three, like I said I don’t face lather often, well unless it’s a stick.

And lastly, probably most importantly, I can’t trust someone wearing a ManU jersey. I know better than that.
To be fair you took that post as well as can be expected really.
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
To be fair you took that post as well as can be expected really.
I agree with you on the volume bit. If I worked it longer I guess I would get more volume but I don’t see how that would help. And on my last half pass I just apply the lather with my fingers.
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I agree with you on the volume bit. If I worked it longer I guess I would get more volume but I don’t see how that would help. And on my last half pass I just apply the lather with my fingers.
I mean it was just meant to be a friendly recommendation really, as you’d mentioned perhaps looking into hydrating your lathers more and in that video is a good demonstration of how that particular fella gets it there in an easy way.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I agree with you on the volume bit. If I worked it longer I guess I would get more volume but I don’t see how that would help. And on my last half pass I just apply the lather with my fingers.
Volume helps with protection a lot.
And for lather porn.
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
I mean it was just meant to be a friendly recommendation really, as you’d mentioned perhaps looking into hydrating your lathers more and in that video is a good demonstration of how that particular fella gets it there in an easy way.
My tone of text always comes off like I’m being evil. I don’t even see it and I kinda stopped trying to. Just know I appreciate the interaction and not emotionally attached to others perceptions of me that much. It takes time to build an understanding of people and a group through communication on the internet. I’m willing to keep at it.

I scoop, mash and add water a little at a time. I find this to work for all of my soaps. I feel (I don’t actually know) that this may extend the life of some of my soaps. There’s no need for me to air dry the puck/tub afterwards and that allows me to use a large number in rotation.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
My tone of text always comes off like I’m being evil. I don’t even see it and I kinda stopped trying to. Just know I appreciate the interaction and not emotionally attached to others perceptions of me that much. It takes time to build an understanding of people and a group through communication on the internet. I’m willing to keep at it.

I scoop, mash and add water a little at a time. I find this to work for all of my soaps. I feel (I don’t actually know) that this may extend the life of some of my soaps. There’s no need for me to air dry the puck/tub afterwards and that allows me to use a large number in rotation.
I did not find anything wrong in your post anyway.
 

Masamune

Forum GOD!
Actually my best shaves are with thin but hydrated and slick lather. I am using milder razors however.
 
Top