How do you like your lather?

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
Yeah, I tried to make a comment without directing it to anyone. You know, to keep the conversation around lather and not the politics of talking about lather as each of us like it and think is best.
This is an extremely confusing comment. I feel it would help if people were more direct rather than making vague statements that says more about what is not than what actually is.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Sometimes I match up razors to specific lathers (soaps/water ratio roughly and face/bowl variables).

Tatara - Old Spice or TOBS hard soap
R41 - Tabac/MdC/Sterling
Razors like this (Hoshi Tombo below) get blessed with MdC or iColoniali hard soap. Heaven. Unfortunately I longer have Grandstaff, that was my king of soaps. Also I wouldn't neglect glycerine soaps.

IMG_20191027_204330.jpg
 

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
My personal experience straight razors prefer a lighter thinner lather.
 
Top