
I have found the Start at 1.18 to be smoother than Karve D&E but it’s efficiency was more like the E to F range. The Taiga is just as smooth as the Start and I dialed the prototype all the way to the max and it was still very smooth.How does START compare to Karve Christopher Bradley SS razor, for people who have used both?
And has anybody used the Homelike Shaving Taiga adjustable razor yet? Is it equally smooth throughout its range?
Thank you!
Well the set may be out of stock, but if you are happy with just one base plate you can get the combo for $75.Out of stock![]()
Polished base plates are out of stockWell the set may be out of stock, but if you are happy with just one base plate you can get the combo for $75.
I tried the 90 OC plate twice when I did the pass around on a different forum. It was smooth, but there wasn’t enough blade feel for me. It would probably work as a daily razor, but it didn’t work as well when I skipped a day. The 118 plate has a little more blade feel, so it was easier to use.Has anyone tried the .90 open-comb head?
Then again, I wish I the chance to try this razor before buying one![]()
Similar findings to yourself on satin vs polished. Satin 0.90 SB smoother than polished, both 0.90 and 1.18.My satin 0.90mm arrived and I had my 1st shave with it last night. It's wonderfully smooth, more so than the polished 1.18mm, with the added bonus that I didn't feel like I was going to slice my face off with one wrong move.
The 1.18mm is smooth and very close, but it did take me a while to get used to the angle and I had to take my time otherwise it made my skin burn and there was a lot of blade feel that was quite aggressive.
The 0.90mm is a doddle, I don't have to be quite so careful, and it's so smooth and still gives a really close shave.
These are both wonderful razors and I think they look really good on the Alpha Bravo handles. These l be keeping as my go to razors I think.
View attachment 61026View attachment 61027View attachment 61028View attachment 61029
BuggerSimilar findings to yourself on satin vs polished. Satin 0.90 SB smoother than polished, both 0.90 and 1.18.