chazt
shave
Thanks @Estariol for steering us toward blades. I’ve used these so far. All but two of my RBSR shaves have been with the Kais. They sure do last a long time! The Feather Pro Light was mildly trepidatious in the DX but I can see it being tameable in that and even sooner in the SR or Woody. The Proline was simply too beastly at this point. I was both surprised and disappointed with that discovery as the Proline injector blade in my Asylum Injector is unequivocally my smoothest and overall most efficient blade-safety razor combo. Seems I didn’t factor in the size of the blades themselves and the presence or lack of a safety bar.
I was looking at my blade stash and saw that I have two similar but different packages. A bit of google searching on the web indicated that these are the same blade with different packaging.
As I understand the ai search results, the blades are identical. The box labeled Pink is newer packaging. I don’t remember which vendor supplied the older or newer packaging.
And apparently there’s still another variety of Kai, the Kai Captain Titan Mild which uses the same propriety manufacturing process sans guards
Then, I still have these others below in what may turn out to be a slow moving queue. Thanks to @Twelvefret for the box of Proguards
. I suspect they’ll get the nod after the SoftGuards.
The other tidbit (seems I didn’t screenshot it) I learned was regarding the two blue boxes of Captain blades. As I understand it, the bladeslabeled simply “Captain Titan Mild” have a different coating which is reputed to feel smoother and less crispy, or, “in your face” for lack of a better term.
Thanks staying with my rambling. I hope it’s coherent.
The RBSR shaventure shall continue
I was looking at my blade stash and saw that I have two similar but different packages. A bit of google searching on the web indicated that these are the same blade with different packaging.
As I understand the ai search results, the blades are identical. The box labeled Pink is newer packaging. I don’t remember which vendor supplied the older or newer packaging.
And apparently there’s still another variety of Kai, the Kai Captain Titan Mild which uses the same propriety manufacturing process sans guards
Then, I still have these others below in what may turn out to be a slow moving queue. Thanks to @Twelvefret for the box of Proguards
The other tidbit (seems I didn’t screenshot it) I learned was regarding the two blue boxes of Captain blades. As I understand it, the bladeslabeled simply “Captain Titan Mild” have a different coating which is reputed to feel smoother and less crispy, or, “in your face” for lack of a better term.
Thanks staying with my rambling. I hope it’s coherent.
The RBSR shaventure shall continue

Last edited:

