Interesting, although I prefer creams over soaps, the exception is when I travel and prefer to use a soap stick. Since most of my travel involves flying I can carry a soap stick in my general shaving kit and not have to carry it in the clear plastic bag with my other liquids, creams and gels. My preferred soap sticks are Tabac and Harris Lavender.I use both soap and cream. They both work great. When traveling I use creams mostly, since they are easier to carry and use. At home I use soap most of the time unless I want a quicker shave.
Yes, purely subjective for sure. As an example I get along just fine with the Wilkinson blue bowl shave soap.
Bob

Speaking of creams, why did you forgot to mention that Maca Root older formula is better than the latest one?! No one believes me!I use both. I started out using only creams because I felt a cream would be quicker, which it sort of is. No need to load the brush. Just put a dollop in the bowl and work it into a lather. Then I decided to try a soap and really loved how it felt. That led to me buying lots of soaps. I sort of alternate between soaps and creams based upon any time constraints I may be facing that morning or my mood. I suppose if I was told I could only have soaps or creams and had to pick only one I would go with soap. I also seem to gravitate to the tallow based soaps. So slick.

I was speaking generally. And if I did that, then I'd have to go on and on about how I think Haslinger Schafmilch was better when it had tallow in it. I wanted to keep this one clean.Speaking of creams, why did you forgot to mention that Maca Root older formula is better than the latest one?! No one believes me!![]()
