Creams vs soaps

Do you prefer Shave cream or Shave soap ?


  • Total voters
    28

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I’ve been shaving for +50 years and have always preferred shaving cream over shaving soap. In general, I find cream slicker and less drying than soap. Also, I find cream easier to use (I only lather on my face) and less fussy. I do use soap from time-to-time, but find it more effective to rub the cake of soap on my face, as I do when using a soap stick, and lathering there rather than lathering in a bowl. As an aside, I find lathering, soap or cream, in a bowl to be redundant.
 

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
I use both soap and cream. They both work great. When traveling I use creams mostly, since they are easier to carry and use. At home I use soap most of the time unless I want a quicker shave.
 

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I use both soap and cream. They both work great. When traveling I use creams mostly, since they are easier to carry and use. At home I use soap most of the time unless I want a quicker shave.
Interesting, although I prefer creams over soaps, the exception is when I travel and prefer to use a soap stick. Since most of my travel involves flying I can carry a soap stick in my general shaving kit and not have to carry it in the clear plastic bag with my other liquids, creams and gels. My preferred soap sticks are Tabac and Harris Lavender.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I use both. I started out using only creams because I felt a cream would be quicker, which it sort of is. No need to load the brush. Just put a dollop in the bowl and work it into a lather. Then I decided to try a soap and really loved how it felt. That led to me buying lots of soaps. I sort of alternate between soaps and creams based upon any time constraints I may be facing that morning or my mood. I suppose if I was told I could only have soaps or creams and had to pick only one I would go with soap. I also seem to gravitate to the tallow based soaps. So slick.
Speaking of creams, why did you forgot to mention that Maca Root older formula is better than the latest one?! No one believes me! :)
 
D

Deleted member 476

Guest
I only consume 1.5 - 2 soaps/creams a year, so I avoid stockpiling them because I hate clutter and poor performance/diminished scent due to aging. I use soaps because they last much longer, better value, age better and don't use plastic tubs. I do keep 1 cream (TOBS) though.
 
Top