Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
I have no interest in trying another AC SE after getting this...
Same.

Shane has alluded to having general ideas about such a thing, but I'd love to see a Blackland injector.

I have a NOS Schick type K4 (yellow L-type handle but marketed towards women) on its way to me from Greece. This will be the first injector I have ever tried. I can't get myself interested in the Supply injector for whatever reasons. Haven't thought about much tbh.
 

WildVieLong

Forum GOD!
Same.

Shane has alluded to having general ideas about such a thing, but I'd love to see a Blackland injector.

I have a NOS Schick type K4 (yellow L-type handle but marketed towards women) on its way to me from Greece. This will be the first injector I have ever tried. I can't get myself interested in the Supply injector for whatever reasons. Haven't thought about much tbh.
I have that same one. Shaves great.

@Blackland Razors - if you make an Injector, please, please please, not clunky and heavy weight like the Supply - and give it a bit of grip too. I'll buy one, and if you ever need a tester, sign me up.
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
I have that same one. Shaves great.

@Blackland Razors - if you make an Injector, please, please please, not clunky and heavy weight like the Supply - and give it a bit of grip too. I'll buy one, and if you ever need a tester, sign me up.
Noted. I’m better at making things slick and low-profile than I am at making them grippy, but I’ll do what I can.
 

WildVieLong

Forum GOD!
Noted. I’m better at making things slick and low-profile than I am at making them grippy, but I’ll do what I can.
Not telling trying to be an @ss and tell you what to do, but my suggestion would not be big knurling. That is simply out of place with the Infector gestalt. Look at handle shapes and textures and let that guide you would be my suggestion. Buy some of the various models and shave with them. They never were heavy. They were always maneuverable and well thought out from a haptics stand point.

Now for really tough question... 2020 or beyond? (if you want to share)
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Not telling trying to be an @ss and tell you what to do, but my suggestion would not be big knurling. That is simply out of place with the Infector gestalt. Look at handle shapes and textures and let that guide you would be my suggestion. Buy some of the various models and shave with them. They never were heavy. They were always maneuverable and well thought out from a haptics stand point.

Now for really tough question... 2020 or beyond? (if you want to share)
Well, so far I’ve yet to design a handle with knurling so I think you’re safe there! 2020 seems optimistic with the other projects I have cooking.
 

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
A full week of life with the Vector and I continue to be smitten. The handle discussion is timely, as I used a new titanium Stork handle (~36g; very similar dimensions as stock)) for my Saturday shave about 45 minutes ago. I love the look of the stock Vector; I just tend to prefer handle knurling.

If Shane makes an injector, I will buy sight unseen. Simple as that. FWIW, I'm just not interested in the GEM format, thus no Sabre in my future.

 
Last edited:
Top