Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Does the slim head &/or the threaded post make it not practical to use non-stock handles? Sorry, I just have no experience with the cool solution Shane came up with for attaching handles on his SE heads; so no idea if it's an issue.
For handles with a normal diameter there is absolutely no issue in use. Aesthetically, you can‘t do much better than the stock handle as it tapers toward the narrow head.
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Does the slim head &/or the threaded post make it not practical to use non-stock handles? Sorry, I just have no experience with the cool solution Shane came up with for attaching handles on his SE heads; so no idea if it's an issue.
The threaded post uses standard threading and can be used with any handle. Like mentioned above, you'll want a handle with a narrow top. Handles with a large diameter top may actually spill over the lather holes. That's not really a functional issue, but it's not ideal. And it looks ugly.
 

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
Yep I am definitely mindful of the aesthetics as well even though my use of non-stock handles usually has to do with my preferences regarding length, diameter, weight, as well as grip.

I've never owned an SE razor of any flavor; have borrowed friends' AC razors in the past. I'm just trying to decide if I should potentially waste money by starting with a less expensive AC razor (upcoming SS Hawk, for example) or just dive in & get the Vector, which appears to be building consensus as the best AC safety razor. I know I can't actually buy either today, so actually glad I have time to ponder before needing to scramble once the Hawk is released & the Vector is readily available.

Thanks all.
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
Yep I am definitely mindful of the aesthetics as well even though my use of non-stock handles usually has to do with my preferences regarding length, diameter, weight, as well as grip.

I've never owned an SE razor of any flavor; have borrowed friends' AC razors in the past. I'm just trying to decide if I should potentially waste money by starting with a less expensive AC razor (upcoming SS Hawk, for example) or just dive in & get the Vector, which appears to be building consensus as the best AC safety razor. I know I can't actually buy either today, so actually glad I have time to ponder before needing to scramble once the Hawk is released & the Vector is readily available.

Thanks all.
Blackland offer a money back return (or they used to) if you don't like it. Makes it a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned (I'm one of those who think it's the best AC razor ever so I might be a bit biased).
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Blackland offer a money back return (or they used to) if you don't like it. Makes it a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned (I'm one of those who think it's the best AC razor ever so I might be a bit biased).
Yeah, its a belter. I cannot see how an AC SE can be any better...
The only thing I would like to see is an OC (or scalloped?) version... @Blackland Razors??
 

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
@Blackland Razors , if I'm quick enough on the trigger, will be getting into my wallet once the Tradere is released + maybe the Vector. I've really wanted to own a Blackland again after a short run with the BB didn't work out for me several years ago. Props to Shane for making a picky *** like me fixate on his brand even while not owning any of his products.
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
@Blackland Razors , if I'm quick enough on the trigger, will be getting into my wallet once the Tradere is released + maybe the Vector. I've really wanted to own a Blackland again after a short run with the BB didn't work out for me several years ago. Props to Shane for making a picky *** like me fixate on his brand even while not owning any of his products.
Thanks! Eventually I'm sure I'll make something that works well for you. There are quite a few projects in the pipeline at varying price points and styles so there's bound to be something that hits for just about everyone.
 

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
Hmmm...Polished Vector in my cart at Blackland.... 1-2 week wait til shipping? I'll talk myself into this before I leave the office on Friday for the weekend, I'm sure. I'm so predictable when I get my teeth into something like this, hahaha.
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Hmmm...Polished Vector in my cart at Blackland.... 1-2 week wait til shipping? I'll talk myself into this before I leave the office on Friday for the weekend, I'm sure. I'm so predictable when I get my teeth into something like this, hahaha.
We’re juuuust about caught up on polished Vectors so it’ll be less than a week. :)
 

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
Well, I am down to **TWO** razors in my possession (major culling over the last year+). The Vector shall be # 3. Thanks for all the enabling guys.

Ehh, who's kidding who? I did it to myself. Order is placed.
 
Top