Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

george1906

Veteran
Almost went with the Paradigm SE this morning instead of the Vector but I got the Vector a day before the Paradigm so I decided to stick with what I got first. Swapped the handle on my Vector and my first shave with a fresh Feather Super was outstanding!! Love this thing but i knew that I needed a beefier handle when I took it out of the box. Excellent 2.5 pass BBS!! This thing is so light and nimble! Nice amount of blade feel and feedback. Another great release by Shane and Blackland!!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
First shave with the Vector and I'll begin by stating that I've never been a lover of SE artist club razors and blades. I've only ever used a Cobra and Mongoose and they were moved on very quickly. Both razors were used with Feather Professional blades. My biggest hate has always been the length of the blade and for that reason, DE razors have been my preference.
This time I bought Schick Proline P-30 blades, having read a few praises for this brand. I recall Gus saying he felt they were a perfect match for the Vector. And they are.
And the first shave? Wow, Wow, Wow.
This razor is a beauty. It's incredibly mild, yet a two-pass shave has left me almost BBS. It's extremely efficient, but without the level of aggression you'd normally experience with this performance. It's also extremely nimble and manoeuvrable due to the light weight and has superb balance. I struggled around the corners of my mouth due to unfamiliarity with blade length, but that will come with practice. The shave has been completed entirely stress-free and without cuts or irritation.
For someone who has always hated SE razors and blades, I've been totally surprised. Next shave probably on Monday. Bring it on! :)
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
First shave with the Vector and I'll begin by stating that I've never been a lover of SE artist club razors and blades. I've only ever used a Cobra and Mongoose and they were moved on very quickly. Both razors were used with Feather Professional blades. My biggest hate has always been the length of the blade and for that reason, DE razors have been my preference.
This time I bought Schick Proline P-30 blades, having read a few praises for this brand. I recall Gus saying he felt they were a perfect match for the Vector. And they are.
And the first shave? Wow, Wow, Wow.
This razor is a beauty. It's incredibly mild, yet a two-pass shave has left me almost BBS. It's extremely efficient, but without the level of aggression you'd normally experience with this performance. It's also extremely nimble and manoeuvrable due to the light weight and has superb balance. I struggled around the corners of my mouth due to unfamiliarity with blade length, but that will come with practice. The shave has been completed entirely stress-free and without cuts or irritation.
For someone who has always hated SE razors and blades, I've been totally surprised. Next shave probably on Monday. Bring it on! :)
Sounds like a nice little razor David. I didn't like my Mongoose until I tried a Kai Captain Protouch Mg blade. They transformed the razor for me. I always found the Feather pro's rough at first. If you get the chance give one a go.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Sounds like a nice little razor David. I didn't like my Mongoose until I tried a Kai Captain Protouch Mg blade. They transformed the razor for me. I always found the Feather pro's rough at first. If you get the chance give one a go.
I'll bear that in mind, Wayne. Thank you. :thumbsup:
 
Top