Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
I'm surprised, Razorock and Karve (using the more expensive brass) are making top quality for half the price.
No offense intended Shane.
Notes on that.

1. I also make a top quality razor for half the price. See Dart.
2. Brass is actually cheaper to machine because it's softer and easier on tools.
3. The design of the Vector is supremely complicated and difficult to machine. The top cap costs almost as much as the entire Dart.
4. If you think I'm the kind to gouge customers you aren't familiar with my reputation or my bottom line. I charge the minimum possible to keep the business viable while still creating the best products I can.
5. No offense taken whatsoever. I know this isn't personal and I respect your opinion. You certainly aren't alone.
 
Last edited:

Boru62

Shaving Boar
Notes on that.

1. I also make a top quality razor for half the price. See Dart.
2. Brass is actually cheaper to machine because it's softer and easier on tools.
3. The design of the Vector is supremely complicated and difficult to machine. The top cap costs almost as much as the entire Dart.
4. If you think I'm the kind to gouge customers you aren't familiar with my reputation or my bottom line. I charge the minimum possible to keep the business viable while still creating the best products I can.
5. No offense taken whatsoever. I know this isn't personal and I respect your opinion. You certainly aren't alone.
Like I said no offence was intended, the Sabre L2 is one of my favourite razors and well worth what I paid for it.
I was also under the impression that brass only became cheaper when mass producing, moulding etc, as there is a lot of wastage when machining.
Thanks for your frank and honest reply Shane.
Cheers,
Kevin.
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Like I said no offence was intended, the Sabre L2 is one of my favourite razors and well worth what I paid for it.
I was also under the impression that brass only became cheaper when mass producing, moulding etc, as there is a lot of wastage when machining.
Thanks for your frank and honest reply Shane.
Cheers,
Kevin.
That’s basically correct, actually. While the actual machining is cheaper, the higher materials cost makes it roughly a wash at this scale. Which is why you don’t see brass razor prices deviating much from stainless.
 

kypros

Forum GOD!
I consider the Sabre even at the price a bargain. Never have I experienced such a smooth shave with a Gem until I bought the Sabre.
Before the launch I was under the impression that a Gem blade is a sharp, efficient, but not a smooth blade. The Sabre changed this.
 

Wilga

Forum GOD!
That’s basically correct, actually. While the actual machining is cheaper, the higher materials cost makes it roughly a wash at this scale. Which is why you don’t see brass razor prices deviating much from stainless.
Does this translate to a titanium Sabre being similarly priced to the stainless steel version.
 
Top