Blackland Adjustable DE Razor

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
The thing is this is going to be an expensive razor. Don't get me wrong, I spent $$$ on super expensive razors, but I've become wiser and there is no way I'd spend $$$ for a razor I haven't tried, unless it's on the BST. Especially for an adjustable which might have loads of teething problems (remember Rex, Pearl, etc). I think the "no passaround" policy might work for less expensive razors but this might be another matter, as much as I wish it well, it's not going to sell Blackbird numbers
That’s one hell of a crystal ball you got there and a supposition that is tenuous at best. You’re making an assumption based on what? Market study? A consensus on the spending habits of wet shavers across the globe? You formed an opinion without a shred of fact or knowledge. I know, that’s what an opinion is but, to say that a product won’t be as successful to another in a product line and to call offhandedly and negatively the sales future of a product that hasn’t even seen the market is grossly premature. Granted, I’ll concede to the argument that a pass around can help in determining if a razor is for one or not and can potentially promote sales but, I have not seen data that proves that theory to be any more true than those that purchase a shave tool straight by word of mouth or by an experience expressed and noted on a shave forum from a fellow shave enthusiast which in turn can potentially promote & boost sales for a said razor.

Let’s see the product hit the market and see what actual users have to say about it before potentially writing a product obituary before it has even had a chance to make the rounds.

Not as easy when you’re in another country, you won’t get the Customs fees back for starters. Those guarantees are useless for us IMO
I get what you’re saying but, you also lose money on postage, handling & insurance when you participate in a pass around for a particular product and I’m pretty sure you’re not expecting a reimbursement if it does not pan out for you. That’s the cost of participation and determining whether the potential investment is worth it or not. I’ll admit that those potential customs fees will be substantially higher than a pass around expenditure but, you’d still be reimbursed for the total price of the razor within 30 days, no questions asked. The risk is tempered and you don’t take the full brunt of a lose. Just a thought is all…
 

Estariol

Forum GOD!
@Str8Mug
I absolutely agree. With safety razors, all recommendations must be taken with caution/grain of salt, unless one knows that the person recommending a razor likes exactly the same razors as he does. Everything else is trial and error at a certain cost. In example, not a single safety razor recommended to me by more experienced shavers suited the problem area of my neck. Untill i tried AC blade shavettes. Then it got better. And when i discovered straight razors, it became perfect.
Everyone's skin and beard are different, and there is a very low possibility that one thing will suit to most people.
If that wasn't the case, there would be a one for all razor, one for all brush, soap/cream, etc. and that would be it, no forums, artisan makers, etc.
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
That’s one hell of a crystal ball you got there and a supposition that is tenuous at best. You’re making an assumption based on what? Market study? A consensus on the spending habits of wet shavers across the globe? You formed an opinion without a shred of fact or knowledge. I know, that’s what an opinion is but, to say that a product won’t be as successful to another in a product line and to call offhandedly and negatively the sales future of a product that hasn’t even seen the market is grossly premature. Granted, I’ll concede to the argument that a pass around can help in determining if a razor is for one or not and can potentially promote sales but, I have not seen data that proves that theory to be any more true than those that purchase a shave tool straight by word of mouth or by an experience expressed and noted on a shave forum from a fellow shave enthusiast which in turn can potentially promote & boost sales for a said razor.

Let’s see the product hit the market and see what actual users have to say about it before potentially writing a product obituary before it has even had a chance to make the rounds.



I get what you’re saying but, you also lose money on postage, handling & insurance when you participate in a pass around for a particular product and I’m pretty sure you’re not expecting a reimbursement if it does not pan out for you. That’s the cost of participation and determining whether the potential investment is worth it or not. I’ll admit that those potential customs fees will be substantially higher than a pass around expenditure but, you’d still be reimbursed for the total price of the razor within 30 days, no questions asked. The risk is tempered and you don’t take the full brunt of a lose. Just a thought is all…
Special Delivery was £7.50, has just gone up though. Passaround costs are minimal IMO for what you get out of it.
Customs is 20% plus handling fee which was £11 something I think the last time.
I paid over Ā£50 in fees on my Guerilla which I’ll never get back.
Buying from the U.S has stopped for many members I’ll wager.
 

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Special Delivery was £7.50, has just gone up though. Passaround costs are minimal IMO for what you get out of it.
Customs is 20% plus handling fee which was £11 something I think the last time.
I paid over Ā£50 in fees on my Guerilla which I’ll never get back.
Buying from the U.S has stopped for many members I’ll wager.
The cheaper option would be to buy it very quickly on release and sell it at a 10% discount if itā€˜s not to your liking.

Regarding the return policy, Iā€˜m sure it must be possible to get a refund on the customs charges, but Iā€˜m also fairly positive it must be a real pain in the a…
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
The cheaper option would be to buy it very quickly on release and sell it at a 10% discount if itā€˜s not to your liking.

Regarding the return policy, Iā€˜m sure it must be possible to get a refund on the customs charges, but Iā€˜m also fairly positive it must be a real pain in the a…
These days 10% wouldn’t be enough to entice a buyer and including customs you’d be well out of pocket.
 

Driftwood

Forum GOD!
Special Delivery was £7.50, has just gone up though. Passaround costs are minimal IMO for what you get out of it.
Customs is 20% plus handling fee which was £11 something I think the last time.
I paid over Ā£50 in fees on my Guerilla which I’ll never get back.
Buying from the U.S has stopped for many members I’ll wager.
That's the stinger
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Special Delivery was £7.50, has just gone up though. Passaround costs are minimal IMO for what you get out of it.
Customs is 20% plus handling fee which was £11 something I think the last time.
I paid over Ā£50 in fees on my Guerilla which I’ll never get back.
Buying from the U.S has stopped for many members I’ll wager.
Duly noted. I can't speak fluently nor intelligently over customs expenditures over in the UK as I don't know the ins and outs of shipping procedure and protocols that relate to extra costs from overseas shipments whether from the US and other Countries. I haven't delved deeper into the extra fee's and taxes that are imposed on British Citizens in procurement of out of country goods. I'd assume that the higher the product is valued, the more outlay of cash is required to take possession.

Bad deal to get taxed so strenuously on out of country goods. What can I say? Taxation without representation is a bitch..... :(
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
There are ways to avoid any import fees
True, there are ways to circumventing the system but, the risk is also raised exponentially as one would need to involve a 3rd party. The assurances or guarantees take a dip in potential loss and recovery barring of course one having an export company/contact that can mitigate those pitfalls. Or a really, really good friend or family member overseas.
:cheers:
 
Top