Blackland Adjustable DE Razor

semajohn

Forum GOD!
I hope the machine finish will be better as I noticed tool chatter and large step overs (machining lines) in Kevy Shaves video.

But it does look very well thought out and I know from the video diary that a lot of work went into the design 👍
 
Last edited:

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
I hope the machine finish will be better as I noticed tool chatter and large step overs (machining lines) in Kevy Shaves video.

But it does look very well thought out and I know from the video diary that a lot of work went into the design 👍
Noticed that on the top of the top cap
 

Blackland Razors

Forum GOD!
Artisan
I hope the machine finish will be better as I noticed tool chatter and large step overs (machining lines) in Kevy Shaves video.

But it does look very well thought out and I know from the video diary that a lot of work went into the design 👍
We chose our step overs extremely carefully to add grip where necessary. For example, the handle has pronounced machining lines, as do the base plate scallops (on the sides). All the machine lines are purposeful and uniform, including those on the top cap and other surfaces. Importantly, there is no chatter anywhere on this razor. Chatter is distinct from intentional machine lines as it is caused by error.
 

semajohn

Forum GOD!
We chose our step overs extremely carefully to add grip where necessary. For example, the handle has pronounced machining lines, as do the base plate scallops (on the sides). All the machine lines are purposeful and uniform, including those on the top cap and other surfaces. Importantly, there is no chatter anywhere on this razor. Chatter is distinct from intentional machine lines as it is caused by error.
Thank you for explaining why the large step over.

I'll just have to wait until I seen a few photos and reviews from owners because it looks rough in Kevy's video.

👍
 
Last edited:

MasterJoiner

Forum GOD!
Ah the old pass around debate rears its head! I’ve discussed this a lot over the years. Here’s a quick summary of our position. Probably all I’ll say on this so we can get back to discussing the Osprey.
  • We don’t do pass arounds
  • We studied some pass arounds and here’s what we found
    • Average # of users who actually get the razor per month is 2-3 (about 25-30 a year at best) for a well run pass around. Bad pass arounds can dip under 2/month
    • Hard to quantify, but it seems less than 50% of triers become buyers. At best, 15 direct purchases from pass around triers over 12 months.
  • Even if I believed in pass arounds (I don’t), the numbers are just too small to be meaningful. Pass arounds are waaay too slow.
  • People waiting on a pass around list are less likely to buy while they wait. So we’re actually pushing off potential orders instead of encouraging immediate purchasing.
  • Razors on a pass around get damaged, dirty, and abused. It’s not a good look for the 15th guy on the list to get a scratched up razor.
  • We don’t do pass arounds ❤
Just reading this now but you do freebies to influencers on shaving videos...
 

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
Wash to there own lee..
Don’t get me wrong if nothing else, regardless of the arguments for and against passarounds, I think even a limited passaround creates a lot of goodwill among the shaving forums/community. You hear reviews from people you trust and know on here and it will often push you into a decision if undecided. But Blackland I’m guessing are big and successful enough that they are able to generate a buzz without having to do this.
 

semajohn

Forum GOD!
Don’t get me wrong if nothing else, regardless of the arguments for and against passarounds, I think even a limited passaround creates a lot of goodwill among the shaving forums/community. You hear reviews from people you trust and know on here and it will often push you into a decision if undecided. But Blackland I’m guessing are big and successful enough that they are able to generate a buzz without having to do this.
Agree. I would trust the reviews from a pass around, than an influencer. I've been caught up in the hype a few times lol
But a successful YouTube influencer has a bigger audience than a few following a pass around 🤷
 
Last edited:
Top