Beware of Swapping!!!!!!!!

Imunro69

Forum GOD!
It's been 14 days today can we get rid land ban the lowlife thief @shavegod now please
Lurking in the background.
Reading the comments probably laughing to himself .
Happy to keep this thread open once he is removed as a warning to potential scammers and thiefs .
 

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
I know it was mentioned above but considering the legal pitfalls that site admin / mods have to be aware of I DO , nevertheless, think that the option to make a name and date on a piece of paper to be shown when advertising on BST is a good idea and should be mandatory here. I know the other sites insist on this. I was actually surprised that we do not do it and got out of the habit when I landed here from the dark side. It is not the complete deterrent but it could go a long way to helping to put off some of the fraudulent ar*eholes out there.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I know it was mentioned above but considering the legal pitfalls that site admin / mods have to be aware of I DO , nevertheless, think that the option to make a name and date on a piece of paper to be shown when advertising on BST is a good idea and should be mandatory here. I know the other sites insist on this. I was actually surprised that we do not do it and got out of the habit when I landed here from the dark side. It is not the complete deterrent but it could go a long way to helping to put off some of the fraudulent ar*eholes out there.
Unfortunately that does not prevent the unscrupulous from offering stuff and then not sending it. Admittedly I don't know what the answer is but unfortunately offers of swaps and BST listings requesting payment via F&F are risky and have no comeback if someone takes advantage. Choose wisely whom you deal with.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Were all adults here so my best advice is be aware of who you are dealing with and what is involved or at risk. This is just basic advice, as it should be for a simple objective; shaving. Rules or precautions that can be manipulated are really not worth implementing IMO. If it's concrete I would certainly consider it. But again I want to keep it short and sweet.
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Where do I start lol

So I agreed on a swap deal with Kev.88 a forum member for a brass general in return I put this package together bellow .
Panta rei shaving brush .
Ikon razor holder .
A DE/SE razor case .
And a vintage Shaving kit .

I was sent a message saying that he would get it packaged up and posted before he went back to work . The following day I sent my items and attached the tracking number for him in the message . I was then told that his partner had posted and he would speak to her later and send me the tracking number . Several messages later and still no reply prob 5 days have passed before I realise that his account has been deactivated so I contacted a moderator who informed me that he set up another account now known as Shavegod and to contact him on that user name . Sent him a message saying that I have been trying to contact him and realised his account had be deactivated . Apparently he lost his phone and couldn't remember any passwords hence why he opened a new account and that he had been working lots but would speak to his partner again and forward the tracking number to me later . Another 3 days passed and still no reply so messaged again informing him that the items I sent a day after had been signed for by himself on the 12th January 3 days after I posted and that in order for me to find out where the razor was I needed a tracking number ! So now I get a message saying that his wife sent it second class not tracked and he has spoken to the royal mail and it's probably lost in the system but it might turn up . My last reply was as follows : I understand what your saying but I'm the one out of pocket I've sent you my package signed for and you've received it ! You exspect me to just be ok with it no solution apart from it might turn up and I'm expected to be ok with that ? The fact you never sent it signed for is ridiculas regardless if you sent it or your wife sent it ! We made a gentlemans agreement regarding the swap , and I'm not happy at all you've shown me no proof that the razor was even posted . You can't seriously think this is ok and I'm to just swallow it going missing ? Like I said before i dont want to but if your not going to sort this out with a fair solution ill be forced to contact a moderator and post exactly what's happened, every message sent and received and make everyone aware on the forum and will see if they think it's acceptable! I'm so disappointed with how you think this is how you do business .

My question to the forum members is I covered myself paying for the package my end tracked incase it went missing and he didn't so do I just have to take the hit on the chin ?

I'm so annoyed and frustrated any advice would be much appreciated please .

Thanks Ian
Hi sorry for your loss Ian, and glad things been done to keep the perp at bay. I may have missed it in the thread but can I ask who instigated the swap? How did it all start? That part will give my analytical mind the full journey of where the junction points could be for safer interactions for us all
 

Imunro69

Forum GOD!
I enquired on a brass General that another user was selling but it sold then he sent me a pm saying he had one for sale and he would be open to a trade if I had anything so that's how it started.
I've traded and bought many shaving items like this and never had a problem so thought no different .
Maybe a bit slack on my part but I'm like that to trusting .
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Were all adults here so my best advice is be aware of who you are dealing with and what is involved or at risk. This is just basic advice, as it should be for a simple objective; shaving. Rules or precautions that can be manipulated are really not worth implementing IMO. If it's concrete I would certainly consider it. But again I want to keep it short and sweet.
So true. This same advice applies to doing any kind of business in any industry. Even in the real estate industry. You would think, what difference does it make. We have a contract and they are obligated and bound by the contract. But having been in the industry since 1986 I have seen many instances where one party doesn't care about the contract and will play games that only end up costing the other side money. I even had one person who leased property from us say to me when I told him what the lease says, he says "Lease? Oh, you mean the paper?" (said in a thick Israeli accent, pronouncing paper.......paypah). My answer? "Yeah. The paypah." He paid his rent. The point is, know who you are doing business with as best you can, no matter what kind of business you are conducting. And if you don't know the other side and proceed anyway, realize the risks you are taking by doing so.

I once bought a razor from a guy on Etsy. He sent me the wrong razor. He also misrepresented the razor he was supposed to send me so I told him I wanted to cancel the whole deal. I paid for return shipping and asked him to refund me the original purchase price plus shipping both ways. He refunded me the original purchase price and shipping one way, but not the return shipping, even though he said he would. Then he started making excuses that the Etsy system wouldn't let him process the refund. I started a case. He sends me an email saying he put the refund in the mail. Nothing arrived. Then when I repeatedly asked him about it, one of his answers revealed he had never sent it in the first place. But Etsy decided that his word was good and they proceeded to close the case. I made a huge stink about it and they reopened it. After about 3 months of idiocy I finally received an envelope in the mail with a money order, dated only a few days earlier. Which means unless his Etsy membership was at risk, he had no intention of sending me the money. Then, what does he do? Inside the envelope was a hand drawn picture.........of a male phallus, with some level of detail. I laughed because how could you not. I wanted to thank him for providing me with a self portrait.
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I enquired on a brass General that another user was selling but it sold then he sent me a pm saying he had one for sale and he would be open to a trade if I had anything so that's how it started.
I've traded and bought many shaving items like this and never had a problem so thought no different .
Maybe a bit slack on my part but I'm like that to trusting .
So here lies the problem folks. A scam artist will use all the pouching and social engineering to get good people hooked. The new site settings should keep the quick win scammers at bay I think. I've been burned a couple times but have never from this forum and i'm happy to say we band together to weed out those who are only here to do harm. Funny thing is he actually also joined B&B in Nov as Kev.88. I wonder where else he's lurking
 

JonnyBGood

Forum GOD!
Now that you’re at this stage you should use Facebook to name and shame the scammer - less worry of data protection rules and your only issue will be the groups mods/admin

Do it here and you create a problem for the forum

You don’t even need to name and shame - join a bst group that’s in the town or area where the scammer lives

Then post something like “ Kittens ready to go - FREE” And put a picture of some nice cute kittens
And his address telephone and email.
 
Top