Beware of Swapping!!!!!!!!

dc68

-------------
Not to sound patronising but I would always urge members not to do business via PM before the allotted time period for getting new members has expired. Secondly ask for pictures with a date if necessary and also tracked delivery. I have just spent around £11 to send a signed for parcel/special delivery. Expensive perhaps but worth the peace of mind IMO.

We could initiate a whole new set of rules or add to existing. But this really is a matter of individuals being thorough, complying with existing advice, rather than complicating the wheel.
We don't need any new rules, its just a sad fact of life and those who are intent on scamming will do so. Legit individuals should not be burdened but we should all be aware that some people out there are thieves.
Th internet can give a false sense of security on the basis that because we all have something in common we all must be fine, however, like any group of people there are good and bad on any forum.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Unfortunately , you have no proof that the said razor even existed or that if it did he actually posted it , scam from start to finish .
As some one else said a sticky needs to be worded on warning others what to look out for to stop this happening again ,he's probably moved on to another forum now and will be waiting to strike .
Fortunately there aren’t that many shaving forums. I am a member of 4 shaving forums and it would be 5 if I wasn’t stupid enough to get myself banned from one of them. I would post the story on at least the ones that are popular in the UK and EU to give those members a heads up.
 

oscsha

Forum GOD!
Fortunately there aren’t that many shaving forums. I am a member of 4 shaving forums and it would be 5 if I wasn’t stupid enough to get myself banned from one of them. I would post the story on at least the ones that are popular in the UK and EU to give those members a heads up.
A scammer doesn't care what the forum is about ! Any subject will do as long as there is money to be made . The guy might not even shave could be a woman for all we know .
The internet is a great place to hide
 

jonmaddock

Forum GOD!
If it gets to a ban, then he has to be named.
We have a duty towards FB groups and other forums IMO, he’s had more than enough time to put his point across here.
The simple fact that he hasn’t shouts volumes
I'd be interested to who this is... Don't want him coming onto our one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

oscsha

Forum GOD!
But if its a false name , say the name of a legit user that they have got hold of . You have to look at the wider image .
Warning users and offer safeguarding advice is the better option IMO.
 
Top