Beware of Swapping!!!!!!!!

Imunro69

Forum GOD!
Lads I really appreciate the offer but you really don't have to do a raffle or a collection !
I'm made up that it was suggested and apart from the odd bad egg ie @shavegod you really are a great bunch .
It's been 3 days since I had any reply from my messages so wouldn't have a problem banning him now !
I'll add a link to the items I sent him and if any of you spot him trying to sell any off it on any shaving pages or forums or even eBay be good to know .
Thanks again for rallying around I really appreciate all the support .
 

IRISHCOAST

Tea Drinker
Lads I really appreciate the offer but you really don't have to do a raffle or a collection !
I'm made up that it was suggested and apart from the odd bad egg ie @shavegod you really are a great bunch .
It's been 3 days since I had any reply from my messages so wouldn't have a problem banning him now !
I'll add a link to the items I sent him and if any of you spot him trying to sell any off it on any shaving pages or forums or even eBay be good to know .
Thanks again for rallying around I really appreciate all the support .
How much are the goods worth that you sent him? The nice members on this forum don’t take this offence lightly!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
You sent him some nice stuff. That makes the offense that much more aggregious. It really is the unwise thief to commit a crime against someone who has your home or work address and name. It takes a certain amount of arrogance to not only do what he did but to write with indignance as to how someone could question his honesty, under some ruse that he was “working”. While I’m sure no gentleman on this site would consider making use of this loser’s personal information, there are plenty out there that would. I’m a firm believer in the precept “What goes around, comes around.” And there will come a day when this guy finds himself muttering to no one in particular “Why me?”
 

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Ian,
I'm very sorry to hear of your recent misfortune.
One of the things I have found on this forum over the past two years and to be honest ONLY this forum, is the generosity of it's members.
So to hear that one of our bredren has been scammed is terrible. The fact that the person changed there handle and did not inform you or attempt to rectify the issue. Say's so much.
Just out of curiosity, Do you still have there mailing address?
If so, go to your local cop shop! If the other person cannot prove they sent anything, they could be done for theft or scamming.
You never know, you might get your property back.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Ian,
I'm very sorry to hear of your recent misfortune.
One of the things I have found on this forum over the past two years and to be honest ONLY this forum, is the generosity of it's members.
So to hear that one of our bredren has been scammed is terrible. The fact that the person changed there handle and did not inform you or attempt to rectify the issue. Say's so much.
Just out of curiosity, Do you still have there mailing address?
If so, go to your local cop shop! If the other person cannot prove they sent anything, they could be done for theft or scamming.
You never know, you might get your property back.
I agree. If this was just a lowly Tech or Ball End Old Type with a cracked handle, that’s one thing. But there is real value in what you sent him. You go to the cops and provide the communications you received from him and it will be up to him to prove he sent the stuff to you.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Hey, now!!! Those are two great razors you are tossing into the "worthless" pile! :cursing:

Ten or twelve of my razors have been crying relentlessly since they read that! :p:
My bad. Both are two of my top three shavers as well. I went into my shave den and I swear my razors started throwing used blades at me after I wrote that post.
 
Last edited:

dc68

-------------
I don't think as mods/owners of the forum we could divulge personal information about members, but what members do between themselves via pm/email is beyond our control.
Maybe @dc68 could advise further???
Absolutely, Moderators cannot divulge personal data without consent. i know the names of those who i have purchased from because they have given me their names and I mine.
 
Top