August Acquisitions

Boycie83

Space Cadet
A great day for deliveries but a poor day for my bank balance!

IMG_20190808_132812_compress58.jpg


A Creightons shop including T&H No. 10 cream along with some of their highly regarded own brand products. Their prices are really good even before you apply any discount codes.

I've also received some Musgo Real cream from Maguire's along with the Semogue 730HD Silvertip brush. They're selling the Musgo cream for under £9 which seems really good compared to other retailers.

The best of today's deliveries though is the antique fish knife kindly given to me by the very generous Russ (@RussellR5555 ) which will be used for decanting creams.
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
When I received my Stainless Steel Karve Christopher Bradley safety razor, I noticed it came with a maintenance card. The card mentioned this:

"Any dry threads may wear over time through tightening and loosening. Your razor is no different. Be sure to apply a drop of oil or a dab of grease to the top cap threads on a regular basis. We use petroleum jelly."

I then e-mailed Chris and asked him how often "on a regular basis" is to him. His answer was:

"Application doesn't need to be that frequent, say every 6 shaves or so. You should be able to see some of the wax or jelly in place and you'll notice that the lubricated threads feel better than unlubricated or under-lubricated threads."

So today, I bought this...

 

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
When I received my Stainless Steel Karve Christopher Bradley safety razor, I noticed it came with a maintenance card. The card mentioned this:

"Any dry threads may wear over time through tightening and loosening. Your razor is no different. Be sure to apply a drop of oil or a dab of grease to the top cap threads on a regular basis. We use petroleum jelly."

I then e-mailed Chris and asked him how often "on a regular basis" is to him. His answer was:

"Application doesn't need to be that frequent, say every 6 shaves or so. You should be able to see some of the wax or jelly in place and you'll notice that the lubricated threads feel better than unlubricated or under-lubricated threads."

So today, I bought this...

I hope the Vaseline isn’t for your bare butt, when some crazy guys who wipe their hairy backside pretty hard with a toilet paper, ripping your own hair off :D:giggle: because most men can’t even shave their own bare butt.
 
Last edited:
Top