April Acquisitions

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Yip will do.
I'm loving their 26mm Tuxedo knots at the moment.
I have a couple of custom brushes from America with 24mm Tuxedo knots from early last year but the Yaqi 26mm ones seem a bit more plush/packed if you know what I mean.
Are all tuxedo knots the same ie made by the same people or are there different variations of them from different companies?
No they are different but the fibre is the same. The glue bump varies, the handles..
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Yet another order from APShaveCo. This week I got a 24mm Cashmere and Synbad. I fitted the 24mm into my Cadman handle but it wasn't as right as I'd like and sold the Synbad. Tonight I've removed the 24mm Cashmere after one use and ordered a 30mm Cashmere and 28MM Silksmoke. I've also bought a digital Vernier guage so instead of guessing the socket size I now know exactly, well cheap Chinese engineering exactly, the size of knot I need. As with most things I can take stuff out but not put it back. So opening up is easy, fitting an ill fitting knot is a recipe for sloppy workmanship. Wish me luck this time.
il_fullxfull.1081424312_85g8.jpg
il_fullxfull.1081424312_85g8.jpg
 
Last edited:

StevieBoy

Forum GOD!
Yet another order from APShaveCo. This week I got a 24mm Cashmere and Synbad. I fitted the 24mm into my Cadman handle but it wasn't as right as I'd like and sold the Synbad. Tonight I've removed the 24mm Cashmere after one use and ordered a 30mm Cashmere and 28MM Silksmoke. I've also bought a digital Vernier guage so instead of guessing the socket size I now know exactly, well cheap Chinese engineering exactly, the size of knot I need. As with most things I can take stuff out but not put it back. So opening up is easy, fitting an ill fitting knot is a recipe for sloppy workmanship. Wish me luck this time.
How do you like the Cashmere and Silksmoke knots Wayne?
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
How do you like the Cashmere and Silksmoke knots Wayne?
I adore the Silksmoke, it is everything a good shaving knot should be, it makes lather so well, it's soft, splays well and is easy to care for, looks good too.
The Cashmere is softer, splays better, has a smaller glue bump and has a different face feel to the Silksmoke, it's super luxurious. the only downside is it looks like a Boar which I dislike. Both are good knots and for the price an absolute bargain.
 

StevieBoy

Forum GOD!
I adore the Silksmoke, it is everything a good shaving knot should be, it makes lather so well, it's soft, splays well and is easy to care for, looks good too.
The Cashmere is softer, splays better, has a smaller glue bump and has a different face feel to the Silksmoke, it's super luxurious. the only downside is it looks like a Boar which I dislike. Both are good knots and for the price an absolute bargain.
Do you buy directly from them?
Where are they based?
Apologies to the moderators if this is in the wrong section.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Yep I agree with Wayne (cheap as chips), but can't be bothered with faffing around with knots and handles so have the Silksmoke and Synbad on the way from AP shave. I may be in the minority but I found the Yaqi Tuxedo and Timber wolf knots to be too soft and fragile for my liking. Hoping the other two will provide more backbone and less splay. Toying on going for the Epsilon as well.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
A Zwilling Henckels DE, cased, from a fellow member via a trade.
The Palmira soap is already spread and deposited over the two Derby sticks that were in my green Proraso bowl.







The Palmira performs better than Derby/Arko?
 
Top