April 2021 Acquisitions

ajc347

Forum GOD!
My Muhle STF (Jan 2021) and Chubby 2 have different fibres with the CH2 being much softer.

I’ll stick with the CH2 over the CH3 then. I thought there was an upgraded version that I didn’t know about!
That’s interesting to hear that there’s a difference between the Chubby 2 and a newer Muhle STF knot.

The fibres used in knots of my two Chubby 2’s, Duke 3’s, Classic and M7 are identical to the fibres in the Muhle STF knots used in my EJ and Muhle brushes.

Other than the M7, they’re all a few years old, so it does make me wonder whether Muhle may have changed the fibre they use in their knots recently?
 

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Love to hear your thoughts on those, still couldn’t decide what to order!
Will do. I expect the Ace to feel more natural as itā€˜s the least processed knot they have. The manchurian will have slightly more backbone and slightly gelly tips...without being overly gelly like their hooked tips knot. I believe for that one they mechanically (sandpaper?) break the tips.

Actually since ordering these I have ordered a Boti NC knot. A few members here have nothing but praise for this knot.
 
Last edited:

J349

Forum GOD!
Will do. I expect the Ace to feel more natural itā€˜s the least processed knot they have. The manchurian will have slightly more backbone and slightly gelly tips...without being overly gelly like their hooked tips knot. I believe for that one they mechanically (sandpaper?) break the tips.

Actually since ordering these I have ordered a Boti NC knot. A few members here have nothing but praise for this knot.
I was looking at Uomo page now and apparently they added another type of hair/treatment to their products.
From Boti I have only the cheapest shd and I can only say good things.
 
Top