April 2018 Acquisitions

Dr Watson

James
Yes. Did you get one of the 60 or 30 lots they had as well?
I did... I would strongly advise you to check as many as you dare open, mine looked fine outside but inside the blades were full of rust
happens.gif.785a5c135e9ec27adf265d18872281b7.gif


"Goatywoaty" over on TSR also bought a 250 box and they turned up this morning all rusty, AFAIK he's asking the seller for a substantial partial refund or complete return as some packs contain 5/10 rusted blades. The cutting edge looks OK but to rust out stainless steel they must have gotten pretty damp (unless they were from a faulty batch?) I've not tried to shave with them, Goaty is going to tonight apparently and will give some feedback if they're usable or not.

DSC00925.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00944.jpg
 

Bizzyberry

Forum GOD!
I did... I would strongly advise you to check as many as you dare open, mine looked fine outside but inside the blades were full of rust View attachment 27718

"Goatywoaty" over on TSR also bought a 250 box and they turned up this morning all rusty, AFAIK he's asking the seller for a substantial partial refund or complete return as some packs contain 5/10 rusted blades. The cutting edge looks OK but to rust out stainless steel they must have gotten pretty damp (unless they were from a faulty batch?) I've not tried to shave with them, Goaty is going to tonight apparently and will give some feedback if they're usable or not.

View attachment 27719
View attachment 27720
View attachment 27721
Just opened 3 packs at random from the box, 2 look fine but one had rust on the first blade in the pack, but the rest of the blades in each pack I opened look fine. If it is only the the first blade in the pack that is affected then I can live with that. I knew it was a gamble but at £25 for 250 blades it seemed worth it.
 

Dr Watson

James
Just opened 3 packs at random from the box, 2 look fine but one had rust on the first blade in the pack, but the rest of the blades in each pack I opened look fine. If it is only the the first blade in the pack that is affected then I can live with that. I knew it was a gamble but at £25 for 250 blades it seemed worth it.
Sounds like you had better luck than us :happy:

Each of my packs had one or two rusty at the top and also one or two at the bottom :(
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Nice little surprise from my Dad using the left over piece of Faux Tortoiseshell and a 28mm Maggards Synthetic:






Nice size and fits the hand quite nice. The "std" maggard synthetic is also pretty good too, maybe not quite as nice to use as the "Beige" but it might well be a keeper...
 
Top