Anyone losing interest?

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Arko, Proraso, Williams, no need to spend more than that.
Toby, have you used the new Super Formula Proraso? It really is exceptional.

Eboracum is probably the closest thing to it at the minute:

Eboracum is superb.
 

HMan

Forum GOD!
There's more to the hobby than the stuff. Once you have enough, interest there is going to wane, naturally.

It's the actual shaving that's the main thing, for most of us, that bit of quiet with just you and your chosen set up. That's yet to get old for me.
 
Last edited:

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Eboracum is probably the closest thing to it at the minute:

From the description I'm imagining minty wood?
 

Dr Watson

James
From the description I'm imagining minty wood?
I've used both the Eboracum soap and splash and find they both smell the same to me (statinf the obvious there!) - the peppermint note is upfront and is initially dominated but then the cedarwood comes up from behind and eventually takes over without being overpowering. Simple but they work really well together.
Got to love this place... A losing interest thread turns into an enablement one :roflmao:
 

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
I've used both the Eboracum soap and splash and find they both smell the same to me (statinf the obvious there!) - the peppermint note is upfront and is initially dominated but then the cedarwood comes up from behind and eventually takes over without being overpowering. Simple but they work really well together.
Agree, they work really well together. At first it seems the Peppermint overpowers the Cedarwood but somehow with the lather on your face they seem to combine really well together.
 

TobyC

Patriot
I've used both the Eboracum soap and splash and find they both smell the same to me (statinf the obvious there!) - the peppermint note is upfront and is initially dominated but then the cedarwood comes up from behind and eventually takes over without being overpowering. Simple but they work really well together.
When they say "cedarwood" are they referring to the aromatic cedar or cigar box cedar? One is a heavy scent, the other is light and pleasant.
 

Brianh

Forum GOD!
OK, (intercom on) "@Brianh, to the front desk please, @Brianh, to the front desk"
There are quite a few Cedarwood Essential Oils - Atlas, Chinese, Himalayan, Virginian, Texan - they all have different notes. I prefer to use Atlas (Cedrus Atlantica) which I would say is the one most people recognise. It is argued that this and Himalayan are the true Cedarwoods. With regards to comment regarding aromatic and cigar I think that relates more to notes created in Synthetic Fragrance Oils.
 

TobyC

Patriot
Cedrus atlantica is a subspecies under Cedrus libani, apparently "All Cedrus species share a sweet, rather citrus-like scent" I am unfamiliar with it.

I am referring to actual wood, so if you say "it smells like..." then I assume you mean the actual smell that folks would be familiar with, not some packaged oil product. I have no experience with essential oils.
 
Top