Any shaving resolutions

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I'm a window shopper too.

But I don't really buy the same soap/cream in different scents.
Or the same brush in different colours.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Yeah! I went upstairs with the intention of a right good cull. I picked each one up and thought Er, no! I'll keep that one. The trouble is my Shavemacs will sell, the Ferdmans and WildWest as nice as they are don't carry the same kudos so I will not realise their worth back. We tend to be brand name tarts, myself included.
Been there done that got the t-shirt. Even tried it pissed...ended up shaving with the bloody brush :)
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I can see the appeal of Synthetic knots, they don't shed, they dry quickly, they are soft and need no soaking. Yeah! They have a lot of positives over Badgers.
Ahh but they are not badger. Lather can flick uncontrollably, scrubbing feels strange, heat retention is minimal and fibres either flop or have too much spring, preventing a plush massage feel. Don't get me wrong I don't hate synthetics, I enjoy the chubby 2 but it won't replace a good badger knot for me. One major positive of synthetics is uniformity, being a man made product.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Bloody hell! I always wanted a Bentley in teal, but I'm with you as far as buying anything else. I may have to grow a beard for at least six months to get excited about shaving again.
A 6 month beard and a fiat 500, I take it becoming a hippy is your 2019 resolution :wink:
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
My plan is to buy only one soap, one aftershave and one razor for the entire year. Which ones you ask? West Coast Shaving Gatsby No. 1 soap, Murray and Lanman Florida Water aftershave and a Ikon B1 Open Comb razor.
 

Reevers

Berlin Calling
I have about 20 soaps that I want to try and my resolution for 2019 is to acquire them all.
I had a must try list of 2 soaps; Pannacrema Nuavia & MdC. Last year I thought “to hell with it”...

I now have 2 MdC soaps (Vetyver and Fougère) and Nuavia Blu. These are the only soaps I intend to use all year.

Life’s to short to keep a wish list for too long.
 

Preacher

Über Member
MdC was on my list for 2018 and I got it, but there are so many fine soaps out there and I like having them to choose from.
 
Top