Any shaving resolutions

Grarea

Forum Plod
Is that the oat thing? Funny, I decided to go vegetarian about 10 weeks ago and in the past couple of weeks noticed reduced muscle strength and my nails which have always been super strong (have a history of breaking scissors and clippers when trimming, I have to use oversized Scholl pro one's) have become brittle and weak.

A little internet self diagnosis suggests this is likely due to the human bodies lack of efficiency when it comes to absorbing iron from plant based foods vs animal flesh and is commonly something many new veggies struggle with until their bodies adapt to the new diet. Anyway, a side effect of this is that my stubble has significantly softened at the same time, I've been going ATG on my chin/central neck area which has always been pretty much a no go.

Amazing how our diet has such a direct effect on our stubble, obvious in hindsight but until you experience it you don't quite appreciate the extent (well I didn't at least!)
Yes, well, the oat thing plus other long term stuff.
I am feeling much better AND my stubble allows itself to be shaved.

I am not a vegetarian, but I find it interesting. Vegetarianism is not just a case of cutting out meat is it?
I have cut various things out. The worst one was wheat.
I think what has to happen is that your intestinal flora has to sort out its balance.
As I understand it, there are many types in there.
Your meat eating ones were gagging at the start and your veggie ones are growing stronger.

Tried making your own sauerkraut?
Look into it if not.
 

Dr Watson

James
Yes, well, the oat thing plus other long term stuff.
I am feeling much better AND my stubble allows itself to be shaved.

I am not a vegetarian, but I find it interesting. Vegetarianism is not just a case of cutting out meat is it?
I have cut various things out. The worst one was wheat.
I think what has to happen is that your intestinal flora has to sort out its balance.
As I understand it, there are many types in there.
Your meat eating ones were gagging at the start and your veggie ones are growing stronger.

Tried making your own sauerkraut?
Look into it if not.
That's something I hadn't considered and will undoubtedly play a large role too, yes. I'm on the sauerkraut, fresh but from a deli... Yet to make my own (it's on the to do list) the fresh stuff is supposed to contain more probiotics than live yoghurt I believe? Also baking my own rye bread, great stuff :thumbsup:
 

Grarea

Forum Plod
That's something I hadn't considered and will undoubtedly play a large role too, yes. I'm on the sauerkraut, fresh but from a deli... Yet to make my own (it's on the to do list) the fresh stuff is supposed to contain more probiotics than live yoghurt I believe? Also baking my own rye bread, great stuff :thumbsup:
Nice.
Yup, definitely do the sauerkraut thing.
It is stupidly easy.
We add carrot and coriander seeds.
Get as fresh cabbage as you can.
 

sev-8

Forum GOD!
I've just bought a 6S after which takes me up to around 12 DE razors after 9 months. Plan for the year is to:
1. Buy a Karve and probably Mamba 0.70
2. Sell on some of the Gillette razors I've bought recently and probably my 6C. Superspeed is good, but don't get on with Techs I've tried so far or my Flair Tip Rocket. Trying out my Slim now
3. Finish some soaps
 

Dr Watson

James
Nice.
Yup, definitely do the sauerkraut thing.
It is stupidly easy.
We add carrot and coriander seeds.
Get as fresh cabbage as you can.
Well there's my resolution sorted, make some sauerkraut! Carrot and coriander eh? You're making me hungry :cry:...Right I'm off for to find some dinner :hungry:
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
You'll make no money from me on the brush side Stevie. I really cannot justify buying another brush now. I will not waver on that in 2019 for sure, I may use some of my brushes for trades but no money will change hands so you best cancel the Bentlley and order that Fiat 500
Bloody hell! I always wanted a Bentley in teal, but I'm with you as far as buying anything else. I may have to grow a beard for at least six months to get excited about shaving again.
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
How does one make their own sauerkraut? Nothing better than bangers and 'kraut.
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I have a couple of shaving resolutions this year. I want to not buy one single soap in 2019 and I'd like to finish a soap for the first time.
Do you have any shave related resolutions?
Well i've stopped buying razors and I really should take a leaf from your book Wayne and hold out buying more soaps and fragrances but I really think it will be a lie to say I wont lol. I was looking at new soaps this morning lol
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Well i've stopped buying razors and I really should take a leaf from your book Wayne and hold out buying more soaps and fragrances but I really think it will be a lie to say I wont lol. I was looking at new soaps this morning lol
Me too mate, Me too.
 
Top