Aliexpress

wintoid

Out of control
OK that's strange. Following advice on this thread I did the following:

* Messaged Yaqi to say I thought we were going to have to extend due to Covid delays - no response
* Waited a day, requested extension through website
* Waited another day, tried to request extension again through website

Today I got a message from Aliexpress telling me the confirmation time for the order has ended and I need to open a dispute. Logged in to Aliexpress and it still shows 2 days 18 hours remaining.

Would be nice if the seller had responded so I could avoid invoking a dispute function, but the system is pushing me that way. I'm going to give it another day or so and see if anything else happens. I can imagine if I follow the procedure that I might end up with both a brush and also a refund, which is not my intention, and sounds complicated to resolve.
 

Boycie83

Space Cadet
The buyer protection is incredibly important on AliExpress as the Chinese do not take customer happiness as importantly as we do. As an example (I've learnt this the hard way by being trusting in the past), if your item does not arrive, the solution they'll propose to you is a 'free gift' on your next order. Basically you need to order something else, whilst already being out of pocket, but you'll have a piece of tat included to make you feel better.

If the seller has failed to extend the buyer protection, take the refund as there's no recourse for you further on. If China is unable to shift international orders, and apparently we're now being told to expect delays of up to 6 months, this should be made clear at the point of sale although I appreciate sellers would have been unaware of the scale of the impact a month or so ago.
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
The buyer protection is incredibly important on AliExpress as the Chinese do not take customer happiness as importantly as we do. As an example (I've learnt this the hard way by being trusting in the past), if your item does not arrive, the solution they'll propose to you is a 'free gift' on your next order. Basically you need to order something else, whilst already being out of pocket, but you'll have a piece of tat included to make you feel better.

If the seller has failed to extend the buyer protection, take the refund as there's no recourse for you further on. If China is unable to shift international orders, and apparently we're now being told to expect delays of up to 6 months, this should be made clear at the point of sale although I appreciate sellers would have been unaware of the scale of the impact a month or so ago.

I’ve ordered in lockdown and received in lockdown from AliExpress, things are getting through. I suppose though it depends on how they are shipping, if it’s surface then that may explain a bigger delay. I know years ago we sent a parcel on surface to USA that took 1 1/2 months. I think some of these bargains are cons, they don’t have the goods and there is no intention of sending anything. I’m currently £4 to the wall on items through the Wish site, and I really can’t bothered chasing it, lazy ? Maybe, or may be just a bit worn down through lockdown. Either way I suppose I should as I’m playing in to their hands.
 

Boycie83

Space Cadet
I’ve ordered in lockdown and received in lockdown from AliExpress, things are getting through. I suppose though it depends on how they are shipping, if it’s surface then that may explain a bigger delay. I know years ago we sent a parcel on surface to USA that took 1 1/2 months. I think some of these bargains are cons, they don’t have the goods and there is no intention of sending anything. I’m currently £4 to the wall on items through the Wish site, and I really can’t bothered chasing it, lazy ? Maybe, or may be just a bit worn down through lockdown. Either way I suppose I should as I’m playing in to their hands.
I've had one thing get through but that was dispatched in mid-March.

I think you should chase it or we're saying it's acceptable, as you've said.
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I've had one thing get through but that was dispatched in mid-March.

I think you should chase it or we're saying it's acceptable, as you've said.
You are right and I’m at least going to have some fun with this. I decided that straight up after posting. End of the day it’s a small amount, but it could help Wish improve. I’ve ordered nine things from wish, two refunded when the vendor couldn’t supply the item, and these two “Missing”. That’s not very good.

Ali Express many an order, I think one thing went missing and they paid back straight away, weeks later it arrived, I did the honest thing and they came back with a further apology and a keep the item no charge. Obviously that was in better times.
 

Dr Watson

James
I've just binned my Rolex. Constantly fogging up. Nice while it lasted, but I wouldn't buy anymore..
They must all have a similar lifespan as mine went to the scrap heap in the sky last month, no fogging issue but suddenly started running 5 mins slow every 24 hours. Oh well, it was the price of a ready meal and 4 pack of beers.
 

wintoid

Out of control
As I mentioned, I waited one more day for Yaqi to respond, which they didn't, and then filed a dispute. Yaqi have now responded and extended the buyer protection, and asked me to cancel the dispute, which I've done. I guess they just needed a prod.
 
Top