Acquisitions August 2017



Most of my significant dates are in the last 4 months of the year. I decided I wanted something a little unusual for those occasions and chose Strong N Scottish. Burning Peat Fire is my initial impression. Will be interesting to see how it performs!
Never tried this particular scent but Meißner Tremonia is a top soap! Enjoy!:thumbsup:
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
My first Nanny's Silly Soap - tallow Traditional Neroli.

A medium strength soap from the container. Very nice scent and looking forward to tomorrow's shave.
Very impressed with the Neroli soap on first use, this morning.
Scent is not too strong which is very wise, IMO, considering possible skin reactions to Neroli EO.
I always load to excess when using any new brand for the first time. My 30mm LS Finest just fits in the container and I had enough lather for two, 3-pass shaves.... and more.
Lather is very slick, with plenty of protection and cushion. Maybe, post shave isn't quite up to P&B and MW standard, but it's still more than adequate.
Overall, extremely impressed. I see Sharon has a Juniper tallow scented soap in the line-up. Another scent I would like, for sure.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Very impressed with the Neroli soap on first use, this morning.
Scent is not too strong which is very wise, IMO, considering possible skin reactions to Neroli EO.
I always load to excess when using any new brand for the first time. My 30mm LS Finest just fits in the container and I had enough lather for two, 3-pass shaves.... and more.
Lather is very slick, with plenty of protection and cushion. Maybe, post shave isn't quite up to P&B and MW standard, but it's still more than adequate.
Overall, extremely impressed. I see Sharon has a Juniper tallow scented soap in the line-up. Another scent I would like, for sure.
I moved my NSS on as they simply did not perform as well as my favorites. Sharon's scents however are some of the best IMO . I should maybe try the Tallow versions as they appear to get very good reviews..
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
I moved my NSS on as they simply did not perform as well as my favorites. Sharon's scents however are some of the best IMO . I should maybe try the Tallow versions as they appear to get very good reviews..
Lee, I can't speak for the veggie soaps as I've never tried them, but the tallow soap performs extremely well.
Definitely worth giving one a go, IMO.
 
Sorry for the SHOCKING pictures folks..Guerrilla OC..will give it a whirl tomorrow. Right off the bat to my eyes the finish and machining look very slightly improved on this razor. My SB was rough and industrial looking and you could feel the machine marks on the top cap. This seems more polished and smoother.

 
Top