Acquisitions August 2017

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
It's 28x51. Loads of backbone, just the way I like my brushes.
Well, how looks and initial impressions can be so deceiving.
Anyone who knows me knows that I like brushes with good backbone and a certain degree of scrubby feel. For reference, my favourite hair is the Simpson Manchurian.
I recently acquired 2 M&F Finest fans (2xl & 3xl) that I ordered over two months ago and specified low lofts to, hopefully, give good backbone and feel. Both knots are adequate(ish) in scrub, but still fall short of my favourite hair.
Then, I saw this butterscotch style 1 "in stock" with a 28mm Bulb knot and a 51mm loft. This should be more to my liking, a bulb in this loft, I thought. First use, this morning, and whilst there is reasonable backbone, the tips of this hair are so soft, I can bearly feel it. I have more feel from my 2 fans.
I plan to use, again, tomorrow, but I think my M&F days are almost over. Great brushes, just not for me.:cry:
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Well, how looks and initial impressions can be so deceiving.
Anyone who knows me knows that I like brushes with good backbone and a certain degree of scrubby feel. For reference, my favourite hair is the Simpson Manchurian.
I recently acquired 2 M&F Finest fans (2xl & 3xl) that I ordered over two months ago and specified low lofts to, hopefully, give good backbone and feel. Both knots are adequate(ish) in scrub, but still fall short of my favourite hair.
Then, I saw this butterscotch style 1 "in stock" with a 28mm Bulb knot and a 51mm loft. This should be more to my liking, a bulb in this loft, I thought. First use, this morning, and whilst there is reasonable backbone, the tips of this hair are so soft, I can bearly feel it. I have more feel from my 2 fans.
I plan to use, again, tomorrow, but I think my M&F days are almost over. Great brushes, just not for me.:cry:
That's a shame as it is a stunner.
 

Randomangle

Über Bum
Nothing fancy, just a Razorock 400. I had a love/hate relationship with the original Plisson synthetic but the Razorocks have a slight glue bump which prevents it from being too floppy :okay:
Thanks for the explanation Dr. I conversely abhor glue bumps and love a floppy one. :happy:
 

Quique

Forum GOD!
Managed to grab an "in stock" M&F from Brad, last week, and just arrived .

Style 1, Size 3 with a 28x51 Finest Bulb knot.

I recently acquired a 2xl with the same size knot and this handle feels so much better in my hands. It's slightly taller than even the 3xl handle. I may decide to let my 2xl go, based on initial impressions of this handle. We'll see.


​

​


​
Very nice David, enjoy it
 
Top