Google David IckeLizards? Must be an inside joke when I was out of the room. Can someone fill me in?
Where is the myth in expansion and contraction of pores?Everyone’s different in this regard, but the idea that you NEED a three pass shave is one of those wet shaving myths. It’s up there with pores opening and closing and how a small sliver of lather on your face somehow protects you from a machined sharp blade (but only on the first pass, as apparently slickness alone is fine on the second even though it’s still a sharp blade because… reasons?).
My daft ranting aside, some folks love a long multiple pass shave and some don’t. I personally do one and a half passes, no against the grain (except for on the head) and I’m more than happy there.
Just to add, it’s worth saying that I’ve not said they don’t contract. I’ve said they don’t open and close. They’re more like a sort of camera lens. They fluctuate.Where is the myth in expansion and contraction of pores?
The last one actually says that steam opens pores. In any event none of these articles is written by a person who shaves!!
No but there are quotes from dermatologists, who probably know more about how the skin works! I mean it doesn’t actually matter in the grand scheme of things, it’s a fairly light myth but it is one that gets talked about a lot in videos etc.The last one actually says that steam opens pores. In any event none of these articles is written by a person who shaves!!
Yeah it even states it there that they don’t open and close in the way a lot of folks think. They dilate, they’re not tiny skin windows that open up and get clogged up and then close down. This is super nerdy isn’t it.![]()
10 myths about pores you need to stop believing
From shrinking pores to unclogging them, here are a few myths about pores that you should know in order to better your skin.www.insider.com
I refer you to post #19 - ‘Where is the myth in expansion and contraction of pores’.Yeah it even states it there that they don’t open and close in the way a lot of folks think. They dilate, they’re not tiny skin windows that open up and get clogged up and then close down. This is super nerdy isn’t it.
Don't worry about it mate, it wasn't meant to start an argument. I specifically stated that pores don't open and close, and they don't. That's the myth. You're quoting something I've not said.I refer you to post #19 - ‘Where is the myth in expansion and contraction of pores’.
Ahhh. Conspiracy theorists. Okay. Gotcha. I wear a tinfoil hat most days, so I am covered.Google David Icke