The One Soap One Month Challenge!

Lann

Forum GOD!
I've got the Wickham's LE coming to me as well and while it will be very difficult not to jump straight in to using that when it arrives I will give this a go because I will be shaving later this evening anyway. The soap I am going to use exclusively this month is P&B's Spitfire. I have just received the solid cologne in this morning's post so I now get to try out both whoop whoop

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
IMG_4006.JPG
IMG_4007.JPG
IMG_4006.JPG
Morning gents!

So today was the first outing of the Speick shaving stick.

Pretty nice lather but whilst it looks lovely, thick and shiny, I think it needed more water as it lacked slickness. User error for sure as on passes 2 and 3 with the extra water, it got better but not amazing.

Here are a few snaps attached.

S

Steve Bowles

I can't believe an "Uber Member" would try this again! I remember the forum-from-hell tried this and it went nowhere. I couldn't even use MdC for an entire month without throwing it in the bin.:hyper:

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I can't believe an "Uber Member" would try this again! I remember the forum-from-hell tried this and it went nowhere. I couldn't even use MdC for an entire month without throwing it in the bin.:hyper:
What's being uber member got anything to do it this thread?

It's not compulsory for you to join so carry on as you were.

Lann

Forum GOD!
1st shave of the month with my chosen P&B Spitfire. Got this soap a while back and to be honest it took me a while to come round to this scent's way of thinking as it was very different to most other soaps I own but I am glad I stuck with it and really enjoyed my shave tonight. Great lather with plenty of cushion and glide with a very pleasant and traditional scent that I was able to prolong with a few dabs of the Spitfire solid cologne.

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Shave one - 2 Feb 2017
Macca Root

Starting with about half a tub, poor photo. Hoping to master it for all my razors.

Today the Feather RG - aiming for maximum slickness.

2 passes - WTG and North to South.

Lather was good, thin and slick - probably not worked enough though and lacking in cushion.
No irritation but after two passes I'm glad I needn't shoot for any more than presentable and need a third pass which may have been uncomfortable.

IMG_20170202_193721.jpg

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Yesterday saw me start the challenge with P&B Baskerville. It's not a new tub and the level is as below.

20170202_204351.jpg

A quite rushed shave last night after a nightmare journey home from work due to a motorway closure. This soap is very slick but on this occasion I think I needed to add more water.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
MdC fougere for this month. I have so far used it twice. So far what I've learnt is that the scent is not as apparent as the vetiver yet has a similar base. However, the scent profile does alter with use, on first use it was stronger than the latter. I should have a clearer idea on scent throughout this month. The original I find to be even lighter than the fougere. But again I'll confirm this with a more than use, next month.

Performance is excellent. Unlike the vetiver this produces an almost slimy thinner layer of lather on the face. The vetiver is a thicker yoghurt consistency and is quicker to build.

So far I have used 2 Shavemacs. On the 1st I used a flat top and yesterday my D01 2 band fan. Tonight I will try a normal 2 band to see the difference.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
...had to change my plan on using SV this month as the puck edge required grating to fit in a TOBS container...now done. No matter, I commenced the month with NSS Signature (Morocan Sands). I normally use a badger or a synthetic on any soap that costs me more than £10 a puck, the frugal part of me just screams at the amount of product my boars pick-up especially on a soft soap like Nanny's; but having now accumulated several years supply of soaps, all of which I enjoy I am learning to be profligate with them. The Proraso Boar was chosen; golly this brush really can decimate a soft soap. I have not yet hit the sweet spot lathering NSS with the boar, still using too much water but I am confident I am getting near. Post shave is great, the Shea Butter really makes itself felt. Scent is good if somewhat basic to my nose but pairs lovely with Old Spice...

Driftwood

Forum GOD!
IMG-20170203-00299.jpg

My first shave of the monogamous month with OSP Neroli, it was a toss up between OSP or Haslinger, opted for OSP as the tub's half finished.
This a great performing soap with a nice creamy thick lather offering plenty of cushion and glide with pleasing scent, should easily enjoy this for a month.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Second shave with Speick today. Pretty good! Dialling in the water ratio better this time. The residual slickness this soap leaves behind is phenomenal.

Reminds me very much of the Wilkison stick and tabac in formulation.

I'll be using it on my face and head for the rest of this month now. Wonder how long it'll last?