The One Soap One Month Challenge!

Uncle Bertie

Forum GOD!
It's more straightforward not to have to choose the soap, but I'm glad I chose one that has a very light scent. I'd hate to get fed up of a soap because I've overused it. The vintage Gibbs is a very fine performer but I'm looking forward to trying my smelliest soaps in March.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
I prefer a thick creamy lather too and Haslinger is pretty much the benchmark for me
...it would be unfair if I gave the impression that NSS does not produce a thick and creamy lather, it does for me although I agree that Haslinger is outstanding in this regard. I think it is less to do with the viscosity of the lather and more to do with the density but I am not entirely sure yet...

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Usual great performance from P&B, it really can take some water. Having been not particularly keen on the Baskerville scent initially it has been growing on me. Tried setting 2 on my black beauty today, a little too mild for me.

Wayne

Forum Sod
I'm desperate for a good shave. I ended up going back to work to cover an emergency. Too knackered to shave tonight so it will be 3 days of stubble to hack off tomorrow. MWF but will it be a straight or the Rockwell?

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Shave three - Day 7
HONE + Feather + Macca Root

Getting bored yet? Yes.

The soap does as it should. No great revelation there. Great performance but the scent, which never bothered me before is now starting to piss me off. It's not nice.

Would it be against the ethos of the challenge / thread to add an essential oil to mask the scent of one's chosen soap?

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Shave three - Day 7
HONE + Feather + Macca Root

Getting bored yet? Yes.

The soap does as it should. No great revelation there. Great performance but the scent, which never bothered me before is now starting to piss me off. It's not nice.

Would it be against the ethos of the challenge / thread to add an essential oil to mask the scent of one's chosen soap?
I would say it's ok to add an EO. You've used it enough to know if it will impact your shave or not so you could let us know.

I totally get where you're coming from on the scent!

Driftwood

Forum GOD!
I would say it's ok to add an EO. You've used it enough to know if it will impact your shave or not so you could let us know.

I totally get where you're coming from on the scent!
That's the benefit of the month long trial, the honeymoon period soon wears off and highlights any failings and gripes you unearth

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I did think about packing it in last night but I'm determined to make a dent in this soap by the end of the month!

Wayne

Forum Sod
My first shave of the month with my beloved MWF. I honestly feel sorry for anyone who cannot lather this wonderful soap. It's performance is simply outstanding. For me it is totally fuss free, heck I even like the scent. Slick,thick and protective. I've never had a poor shave with it yet. I'm gonna enjoy this month.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
still using MdC fougere, I definitely am enjoying the shaves and the post shave from this soap. I do prefer the newer vetiver. Stronger scent as well creating a thick, slick lather quicker. Enjoying the fougere so this month will be easy to adhere to. Loading it like I hate it, but unlike the vetiver no noticeable dent in the soap.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
...NSS now visibly depleting, but enougth there still to see the month out...the shea butter content is just great in protecting against cold, windy mornings...

Lann

Forum GOD!
Third shave and just as enjoyable as the first two. Using a soap that you can always rely on in terms of performance and a scent I have grown to love makes this using the one soap for the whole month lark a sinch. Now using a soap that we don't like would really sort the men from the boy's lol.