Subscriptions for the Semogue ATG LE brush

J349

Forum GOD!
Usually, comparing to other makers, Semogue knots are on the smaller size, a 26mm Semogue knot is not the same as a 26mm Shavemac.
I only used one Semogue with a 26mm knot, the barrel one made for Barbear Clássico at 2019 if I’m not mistaken. Brilliant brush.
The idea for a bigger one was after this last LE for Spanish Shavers, I found the brush amazing but didn’t mind if it was a bit bigger while maintaining some of the characteristics. I reckon a 28mm Semogue will feel smaller than a 28mm Zenith for example.

owlman

Forum GOD!
Everyone loves the SOC handle, but that is also the reason everyone already has a SOC handle (or two, or five). I'd hope for a more unique offering. Lately, Semogue has done modern interpretations of older handles with the Barrel shape (BC LE 2019) and the LE2019/Torga, maybe there are others waiting to be rediscovered? Maybe something acrylic like the 2012 LE? Or dare I even imagine a redo of the Caravela handle...?

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
Usually, comparing to other makers, Semogue knots are on the smaller size, a 26mm Semogue knot is not the same as a 26mm Shavemac.
I only used one Semogue with a 26mm knot, the barrel one made for Barbear Clássico at 2019 if I’m not mistaken. Brilliant brush.
The idea for a bigger one was after this last LE for Spanish Shavers, I found the brush amazing but didn’t mind if it was a bit bigger while maintaining some of the characteristics. I reckon a 28mm Semogue will feel smaller than a 28mm Zenith for example.
Aye, that Spanish Shavers LE brush is an absolute dancer. One of the bonniest out there full stop. Separate boar and badger options maybe? After my earlier comment and Wayne’s prudent observation, I don’t want to be too picky and contribute to killing this excellent idea. Something akin to that Spanish Shavers one, I’d be all over. I really want to try a premium Semogue boar and would happily go bigger than the standard SOC boar knot. The standard SOC TAJ boar is the one ‘off-the-shelfie’ I find myself drooling over. Whatever is decided upon, I’m sure will be fantastic as long as it it’s not too great a departure from the aforementioned Spanish Shavers brush of PURE JOY! Anyhoo, back to the ward for quick snooze before some invasive treatment involving electrodes…😱

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
@Gairdner I second your thoughts on the Spanish LE and a boar option. In this latter regard the SOC Boar is a great performer, but I have to say that the Omega B&B Essential Boar is stellar. If Semogue could replicate the Omega it would be a real treat; I don’t know how you would convince Semogue though.

J349

Forum GOD!
Everyone loves the SOC handle, but that is also the reason everyone already has a SOC handle (or two, or five). I'd hope for a more unique offering. Lately, Semogue has done modern interpretations of older handles with the Barrel shape (BC LE 2019) and the LE2019/Torga, maybe there are others waiting to be rediscovered? Maybe something acrylic like the 2012 LE? Or dare I even imagine a redo of the Caravela handle...?
I’m trying to get pictures from the various handles across the time for reference/inspiration.

Dr Watson

James
I think you’re better off doing something low-cost with something that’s bespoke to ATG; e.g. their clear-and-coloured acrylic handle with the coloured portion using the ATG forum colour. Whack a synthetic or the bodger knot from the 2013 BC LE in and get the price to as close to £30 as possible.
This. So much this. Gimme an acrylic handle with teal colour fill and bodger knot... or I may die of boredom at the thought of another SOC derivative.

Last edited:

UKRob

Forum GOD!
@J349 - are you saying thar there would have to be just one design, or would there be options? For example, previous ATG brushes had options on handle shape, colour and knot configuration.

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
That barrel-esque handle is a lovely thing. Still, I can’t stop ogling the Spanish Shavers LE. It’s certainly not like the SOC shape at all but I do wonder if my fellow forumites are referring to the knot being SOC like? A clear acrylic handle like that of the 610 and teal filled ATG-style but much bigger with a fat boar knot would be wonderful.