Subscriptions for the Semogue ATG LE brush

J349

Forum GOD!
Hello Gentlemen,

So the idea is to have a 28mm Finest Badger brush made by Semogue as a LE for ATG.
It hasn’t been done by Semogue so no guarantees yet that this is going to happen but I’ve talked to Leon from Vintage Scent about this idea and also talked with @Nishy to know if it was possible to try to do this here at ATG and… here we are 🙂

To begin with, it will be important to see if there will be enough interest (50?).

And since this is a blank canvas, for discussion we can entertain ourselves with which handle, material, height/diameter, loft and price range.

I’m gathering some pictures from Semogue brushes and I will post here on the weekend.

I hope we can make a unique piece 😁

Cheers,
João

Edit: Updated here https://www.atgshaving.com/threads/semogue-atg-le.22532/post-543140

Last edited:

R181

Grumpy old man
I have a Semogue Owners Club 2 band badger and think you won't find s better handle design in the Semogue brush line. The badge knot in it is just fine for me the way it is. I also have a Semogue Taj boar brush. Same comment on the handle as before but the boar knot is not my favourite preferring the boar knot in my cheap Omega brushes. The Taj boar knot is, for me, too floppy when compared to the Omega boar knots I have.

Bob

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
I know you said unique, but every time I use my 2021 LE, I wish it were just a bit bigger. So, a knot with the same characteristics (flow through please) in large. 26mm would probably be enough, but I would jump on a 28mm immediately. Edit: what about 27mm like the Chubby 2?

The handle discussions will be fun. I‘m looking forward to it.

But, I think it won‘t be easy to get 50 people on here to buy the brush. Leon sold the few remaining brushes from the Spanish shavers brush to the open public. If this is an option here, and if new members may also purchase via this group buy, then maybe we can get the numbers together.

Thank you João!

Last edited:

Cheesepiece

Stickler
The SOC handle is one of the best in the business but allow me to respectively suggest that the 'barrel' shape not be overlooked. I've found it to be one of the most ergonomic brushes I've ever used.

Semogue's bodger is superior to their badger, for me personally.

A small boar or any sort of bodger with a cool handle or handle material would have great appeal for me.

Another SOC in finest with a tweaked diameter knot / loft wouldn't really appeal to me, João, but it may be a winning combination that could interest a lot of guys here. Whatever happens, good luck with the venture and I will be interested to see the development and final design.

MichaelS

Forum GOD!
Count me in and thanks for the initiative.

An oversized SOC in either badger or selected premium boar (or both) would float my boat but I like 99% of Semogues so I'm pretty sure I'd buy whatever is decided on.

Edit: oversize boar head (same size as the 2000 but in selected premium hair?), now there's a thought!

vates

Legendary Member
I'm interested too.
Semogue SOC is my favorite badger so far.
Something larger with the same ergonomics and working properties would float my boat.

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
I'm interested, it all depends on how much input we can have in the specifications and build of the brush, If the knot was a hybrid fan bulb about 26mm no higher than 48mm loft I'm in.

Wayne

Forum Sod
And therein lies the ingrained problems associated with a Brush group buy. Everyone wants something that suits themselves. Larger, smaller. taller fatter, stiffer, floppier, this handle, that handle, that's before any colour choices. Can't blame them of course but the replies so far show the whole gamut of preferences when it comes to a Brush. Good luck, I've a feeling you are gonna need it.

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
@Wayne is right you know. Why not just come up with a consensus on the knot diameter and leave the rest up to Leon for optimal knot dynamics and ergonomics of handle? He seems to know what he is doing :)

Then you can show us the brush and everyone can choose to go along or not.

Last edited:

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
And therein lies the ingrained problems associated with a Brush group buy. Everyone wants something that suits themselves. Larger, smaller. taller fatter, stiffer, floppier, this handle, that handle, that's before any colour choices. Can't blame them of course but the replies so far show the whole gamut of preferences when it comes to a Brush. Good luck, I've a feeling you are gonna need it.
Agreed. You’re never going to get a Goldilocks brush that everyone can buy into. Instead it has to be a novelty that people bring out every so often.

I think you’re better off doing something low-cost with something that’s bespoke to ATG; e.g. their clear-and-coloured acrylic handle with the coloured portion using the ATG forum colour. Whack a synthetic or the bodger knot from the 2013 BC LE in and get the price to as close to £30 as possible.

J349

Forum GOD!
@Wayne is right you know. Why not just come up with a consensus on the knot diameter and leave the rest up to Leon for optimal knot dynamics and ergonomics of handle? He seems to know what he is doing :)

Then you can show us the brush and everyone can choose to go along or not.
I thought to do it that way, maybe it was a newbie move from my part, a romantic idea that the brush would take shape after some brainstorming 😅😂