LØTHUR Group buy.

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
I sorry I won't be pushing this any further until the mods approve as I don't want to cause any upset or get myself a ban. I'm not throwing my dummy out the pram or anything, but I really enjoy using the forum and would rather say a member than run the risk of making a mistake and getting a ban.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Not the rules here, the rules on FB!
If a member here does as you asked on UKWSS they will get banned there.
That’s what I’ve been told.
As I told you earlier Jonny needs to speak to the Mods there.
I did my bit, tried to help you out as you asked.
That’s it, I’m done.

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
That’s it, I’m done.
As I don't use facebook I wasn't aware of the rules. My apologies to you, I do appreciate the help as you can seem I am clueless to the wider rules of this or other groups, but didn't realise my request would cause issues. I did do as you advised but was just trying to help Jonny out as he said he wasn't great using facebook. I wasn't trying to cause you, the or the facebook group/mod any issues. I hope I haven't caused any offence to you, I was just keen to try and make the group buy work.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
@chris.hale I hope you don't mind letting me know if I have breached a rule here I was just following your advise from our earlier exchanges. I am aware of some past acrimony between the two forums but not the details, but have happily enjoyed both forums incident free! However I don't want to cause any further issues which is why I have contacted the Mods throughout the process never having run a Group buy before, I am just keen to see one as it has been offered by Jonny and I love his stuff.
I have deleted the post within minutes and did pass your message onto Jonny @Holyzeus who said he would try but wasn't great with using facebook hence my request on here. I wasn't trying to circumvent any rules or get anyone in trouble just spread the word as it would be nice to get the GB over the line. If I have broken any rules I apologise but I'm just trying to do something positive for the forum, as I say I have no experience running one of these Buys or a full knowledge of the rules I may or may not have inadvertedly broken.
Hi Lee. I don’t know what you posted, feel free to PM me to discuss. I have said that there’s no problems with offering the group buy on other sites and @Nishy and @Rowlers liked the post so appear to be in agreement.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
That’s it, I’m done.
Ah, thank you, that clears things up.

@LeeMaz, you’re all good here.

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
Is this still open?

I'm in the US... is that OK?

If all is good, I'm in.
I would have to check with Mods and Jonny, Postage would be more and I know Jonny has already said it would cost more to get soaps approved in other countries, but I'd be happy to post on if they have no objections, and I know you've been a regular member here before me.

Paul

Connaught Shaving
Vendor
You do not need to get approval for EU sales. When someone purchases from the UK, they are importing into there own country. The EU wants you to register to approval over there, but they have no jurisdiction over businesses here.

J349

Forum GOD!
Not wanting to destabilise but I was wondering... until today it's the first time I've found it so confusing to make a special edition for a forum/group. I know times change and there are fewer and fewer freedoms but come on, it's a soap and aftershave, I get that Lothur as a business has all these requirements to fulfill but what is made of the spirit of these editions, where basically there is a craftsman "friend" of the group who makes soaps for the people in that group, and that's it! I've always been used to forum editions being like this, sorry for the rant, maybe it's me who didn't quite get it and this isn't what I was imagining, it's also possible!

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
Not wanting to destabilise but I was wondering... until today it's the first time I've found it so confusing to make a special edition for a forum/group. I know times change and there are fewer and fewer freedoms but come on, it's a soap and aftershave, I get that Lothur as a business has all these requirements to fulfill but what is made of the spirit of these editions, where basically there is a craftsman "friend" of the group who makes soaps for the people in that group, and that's it! I've always been used to forum editions being like this, sorry for the rant, maybe it's me who didn't quite get it and this isn't what I was imagining, it's also possible!
As I said in the original Lothur thread, and here, it's my first attempt at running a group buy, and probably @LTHURJONNY's too as he's relatively new to the shaving world, (I believe he's been at it 2-3years but could be wrong). I've only been shaving this way for 2 years so have no experience of previous group buys, but know there hasn't been one for a while, Jonny offered to do one of us, so I kind of jumped at the chance as he put it out there and loved his products. Jonny has asked for numbers and ideas for scents, and given me a basic price outlay that he needs to make it viable. I don't think in the current financial situation the country/world's in that it's unreasonable for him to ask to break even, and he's explained his costs involved.
@gile I will get back to you on shipping I'm not sure where we stand at the moment with that.

J349

Forum GOD!
As I said in the original Lothur thread, and here, it's my first attempt at running a group buy, and probably @LTHURJONNY's too as he's relatively new to the shaving world, (I believe he's been at it 2-3years but could be wrong). I've only been shaving this way for 2 years so have no experience of previous group buys, but know there hasn't been one for a while, Jonny offered to do one of us, so I kind of jumped at the chance as he put it out there and loved his products. Jonny has asked for numbers and ideas for scents, and given me a basic price outlay that he needs to make it viable. I don't think in the current financial situation the country/world's in that it's unreasonable for him to ask to break even, and he's explained his costs involved.
@gile I will get back to you on shipping I'm not sure where we stand at the moment with that.
It's not my intention to criticise the way you're doing it, who am I for that, I tried to make a brush for the forum and look how successful it was 😁 Sorry if that's what came through.
I was just thinking out loud and trying to show another perspective.

Paul

Connaught Shaving
Vendor
If shipping through Connaught is out of play I'll have to get out unfortunately.
Sorry but if Connaught stocking the Lothur range/just this soap is impossible, it makes it difficult. I can't then offer to make up the numbers, to get to 50. I think you should open this up for Lothur & or Lothur vendor(s) to stock this soap, limited edition or not. 50 is a lot of soaps & I/we (hopefully) don't want to stop other people from buying the soap, we just want it to exist, right?