LØTHUR Group buy.

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
I spoke to Jonny a while back about a Prada L'Homme set and as far as I know no one has made these as a soap yet and it is a great scent
I'll add it to the list of potential option to share with Jonny then we'll have to whittle it down to ones he thinks can be done, and run a vote on the top three he wants to work on maybe?

LTHURJONNY

Veteran
Hey guys so basically with Jason at TRC we have a continued flow of the exclusives so over time the cost kinda just works itself out. In order to sell an exclusive to just the U.K. I will outline the costs which need to be taken care of my end before I even sell a soap
Testing £450
Fragrance £200 roughly
Ingredients £500 ish
Soap and splash I would sell the set for £35 - £38 normally retail price.
over time I manage to make a profit because these costs get taken care of.
So the bigger we manage to make this order the better it will be for everyone.
mid we include the EU for example I have to pay a fee of £190 to make it legal to sell and use and for me to use my responsible persons.
this is usually why uk exclusives are hard to come by because in America they don’t have these costs like we do.
just something to bare in mind. I’m more than happy to do it but it needs to work financially to.

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
Hey guys so basically with Jason at TRC we have a continued flow of the exclusives so over time the cost kinda just works itself out. In order to sell an exclusive to just the U.K. I will outline the costs which need to be taken care of my end before I even sell a soap
Testing £450
Fragrance £200 roughly
Ingredients £500 ish
Soap and splash I would sell the set for £35 - £38 normally retail price.
over time I manage to make a profit because these costs get taken care of.
So the bigger we manage to make this order the better it will be for everyone.
mid we include the EU for example I have to pay a fee of £190 to make it legal to sell and use and for me to use my responsible persons.
this is usually why uk exclusives are hard to come by because in America they don’t have these costs like we do.
just something to bare in mind. I’m more than happy to do it but it needs to work financially to.
By my quick maths we are still quite a way off breaking even then never mind Jonny making anything. I'll try and push it a little more over the next few days to get us over the line.

LTHURJONNY

Veteran
By my quick maths we are still quite a way off breaking even then never mind Jonny making anything. I'll try and push it a little more over the next few days to get us over the line.
We just need to make sure we have enough people to make it financially viable that’s all. So the more people we can get the better.

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
We just need to make sure we have enough people to make it financially viable that’s all. So the more people we can get the better.
I’ll make a list of the suggested fragrances so far and pass them on to you. Maybe we’ll get a few more buyers if we narrow it down a bit. I’ll message you later Jonny.

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
Scent suggestions so far…
  1. Penhaligon’s Luna homage which Jonny described it to me as a ‘citrus fougere it’s fresh and bright’ Top notes are Lemon, Bergamot and Bitter Orange; middle notes are Rose, Juniper Berries and Jasmine; base notes are Balsam Fir, Musk and Ambergris.
  2. Chanel Egoiste homage - Top notes are Brazilian Rosewood, Coriander, Mahogany and Sicilian Mandarin; middle notes are Cinnamon, Damask Rose and Carnation; base notes are Sandalwood, Tobacco, Vanilla, Leather, Amber and Ambrette (Musk Mallow).
  3. Jovan Musk homage - Top notes are Carnation, Pepper, Amalfi Lemon and Lime; middle notes are Spices, Lavender, Amber and Mint; base notes are Musk and Woodsy Notes.
  4. Tom Fords Black Orchid - Top notes are Truffle, Gardenia, Black Currant, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange and Amalfi Lemon; middle notes are Orchid, Spices, Gardenia, Fruity Notes, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine and Lotus; base notes are Mexican chocolate, Patchouli, Vanille, Incense, Amber, Sandalwood, Vetiver and White Musk.
  5. Tom Fords Neroli Portofino - Top notes are Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Lemon, Bitter Orange, Lavender, Rosemary and Myrtle; middle notes are African Orange flower, Neroli, Jasmine and Pitosporum; base notes are Amber, Ambrette (Musk Mallow) and Angelica.

6. Anymore ideas guys?

LTHURJONNY

Veteran
Scent suggestions so far…
  1. Penhaligon’s Luna homage which Jonny described it to me as a ‘citrus fougere it’s fresh and bright’ Top notes are Lemon, Bergamot and Bitter Orange; middle notes are Rose, Juniper Berries and Jasmine; base notes are Balsam Fir, Musk and Ambergris.
  2. Chanel Egoiste homage - Top notes are Brazilian Rosewood, Coriander, Mahogany and Sicilian Mandarin; middle notes are Cinnamon, Damask Rose and Carnation; base notes are Sandalwood, Tobacco, Vanilla, Leather, Amber and Ambrette (Musk Mallow).
  3. Jovan Musk homage - Top notes are Carnation, Pepper, Amalfi Lemon and Lime; middle notes are Spices, Lavender, Amber and Mint; base notes are Musk and Woodsy Notes.
  4. Tom Fords Black Orchid - Top notes are Truffle, Gardenia, Black Currant, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange and Amalfi Lemon; middle notes are Orchid, Spices, Gardenia, Fruity Notes, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine and Lotus; base notes are Mexican chocolate, Patchouli, Vanille, Incense, Amber, Sandalwood, Vetiver and White Musk.
  5. Tom Fords Neroli Portofino - Top notes are Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Lemon, Bitter Orange, Lavender, Rosemary and Myrtle; middle notes are African Orange flower, Neroli, Jasmine and Pitosporum; base notes are Amber, Ambrette (Musk Mallow) and Angelica.

6. Anymore ideas guys?
Hi guys

I’ve been travelling in Denmark so have been afk

Okay so anyone wanting TF Neroli Portofino hit up tears because they share the exact same dna from IFF

I need 50 or more people to make it commercially viable.

I don’t know other groups and Facebook things for the uk but I think getting them involved would be wicked

I would go for Luna because it’s beautiful. I smelt the Chanel one at the airport and I wasn’t vibing on it kinda runs along the same lines as denim and kouros and all that old school masculine thing. Black orchid due to the allergens in the frag wouldn’t be strong enough for people to be happy and I pretty sure getting it through testing would be a nightmare. I know this because I’ve tried before.

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
Hi guys

I’ve been travelling in Denmark so have been afk

Okay so anyone wanting TF Neroli Portofino hit up tears because they share the exact same dna from IFF

I need 50 or more people to make it commercially viable.

I don’t know other groups and Facebook things for the uk but I think getting them involved would be wicked

I would go for Luna because it’s beautiful. I smelt the Chanel one at the airport and I wasn’t vibing on it kinda runs along the same lines as denim and kouros and all that old school masculine thing. Black orchid due to the allergens in the frag wouldn’t be strong enough for people to be happy and I pretty sure getting it through testing would be a nightmare. I know this because I’ve tried before.
Could we share this with our sister page, The Shaving Room to help boost number
I have suggested this to the mods at the beginning but they weren’t keen. However I’ll contact them again as we seem to have stalled at the halfway point. It’s a particularly a shame as @LTHURJONNY is definitely keen to produce us a group or in this case a UK Exclusive it would be nice to get it over the line and not have to order his stuff from the US especially with the pound crashing!