Anything in the pipeline for 2019

Boru62

Shaving Boar
I’m by no means saying ‘f*** em’ but it doesn’t appear to bother non-EU forums when they run them.
Yeah, it is very annoying to see "CONUS only" on US forums every time when there is a raffle or a group buy. That is a reason why ATG is an only forum that I'm active at. But as non-EU member by myself, I would like to see a non-alcoholic option for aftershave
I've just won a raffle prize on a US forum, postage free.
I had a choice of prizes and couldn't choose a splash because of Royal Mail restrictions.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Mervyn's prices increased a few years ago to Shavemac territory. He does offer both synthetic and badger. Users including myself seem to like his brushed. Cadman is worth an email to determine interest.
I'm not a lover of the new resin choices.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
As an outside thought guys, would it be worth asking Ed Brice or Ross Giles to see if they would be able to produce a brush?

They’re UK based, make great brushes and I’m not aware of either of them having made a LE brush before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boru62

Shaving Boar
One of the reasons I sold a pair of minty 19th century straights, just couldn't enjoy owning something made from ivory. Don't currently own any badger hair brushes and the jury is out on whether I'll dabble with them further or not :scratchhead:
I'm struggling with it as well, fortunately I prefer a well broken in boar.
Although, I do have a mistrust of PETA.
Elephants, Whales, Dolphins, Tigers and others if killed cause uproar. Everything else is deemed fair game for anything.
If a species is endangered I can understand the outcry.
If ill treatment before death, bad husbandry, cruelty etc., is present, I again understand the outcry.

Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
I'm struggling with it as well, fortunately I prefer a well broken in boar.
Although, I do have a mistrust of PETA.

If a species is endangered I can understand the outcry.
If the ill treatment before death, bad husbandry, cruelty etc., is prolonged, I again understand the outcry.
I've not entirely given them up yet... There is just something the current synthetics, good as they are can't quite emulate.

I recall reading something a while ago, I think it was on Hinduism (not certain) where a total vegetarian lifestyle is the ideal but obviously it can be tricky to get through life without using any animal products at all so what they do is say something we might consider a prayer upon acquisition of the animal product which in the case of a badger brush would go something like "Badger, thank you for providing me the use of your hair. In return I will gladly give my hair to you in the next life." ...Might be nonsense, I really couldn't say... But if true and done sincerely I think that's really nice.

Boru62

Shaving Boar
I've not entirely given them up yet... There is just something the current synthetics, good as they are can't quite emulate.

I recall reading something a while ago, I think it was on Hinduism (not certain) where a total vegetarian lifestyle is the ideal but obviously it can be tricky to get through life without using any animal products at all so what they do is say something we might consider a prayer upon acquisition of the animal product which in the case of a badger brush would go something like "Badger, thank you for providing me the use of your hair. In return I will gladly give my hair to you in the next life." ...Might be nonsense, I really couldn't say... But if true and done sincerely I think that's really nice.
I can't use synthetics and wish I could.
But, I do think, if animals stop becoming useful to humans they'll stop becoming.
Who's going to want a wedding carriage driven by sheep, is there going to be a cow steeplechase?

Wayne

Forum Sod
I can't use synthetics and wish I could.
But, I do think, if animals stop becoming useful to humans they'll stop becoming.
Who's going to want a wedding carriage driven by sheep, is there going to be a cow steeplechase?
There are millions of animal species on the planet that we thankfully have no commercial use for. Animals aren't the problem on Earth, it's us idiots who are the problem. The sooner We are extinct the better.

Boru62

Shaving Boar
There are millions of animal species on the planet that we thankfully have no commercial use for. Animals aren't the problem on Earth, it's us idiots who are the problem. The sooner We are extinct the better.
Very true, we are the problem, but by trying to rectify our mistakes should we doom domestic breeds to the graveyard of history?

Last edited: