Your ‘Best of’ and the not so good of 2017

halvor

a most elusive fish
I haven’t had the water tested, but based on the fact that it has become harder to lather some soaps that I had no issues before, paired with hard to remove soap scum in my razors, dripping trays at kitchen, I am inclined to believe I have ‘hard water’
Aha, so it was shaving related after all!

I lived in Amsterdam for a couple of years and the water was hard like I have seen nowhere else. My girlfriend had trouble rinsing her hair after shampooing. So grow your hair and give it a try, as good a test as any :wink:
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
Hits:
- Finally registering for and posting on this site after lurking for 2 years
- The Cashmere synthetic knot set by Wild West Brushworks
- Discovering Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore soap and after shave
- Mondial boar brushes
- Simpson Duke 3 synthetic

Misses
- Old Spice cream from India
- Booster Aquarius after shave
- Asylum Brush Works synthetic
- DR Harris Sandalwood after shave. (Leaves my skin feeling greasy.)
- An old and voiceless Ian Anderson touring the world as "not JETHRO TULL."
 

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
Aha, so it was shaving related after all!

I lived in Amsterdam for a couple of years and the water was hard like I have seen nowhere else. My girlfriend had trouble rinsing her hair after shampooing. So grow your hair and give it a try, as good a test as any :wink:
Palmolive and ARKO work everywhere :)

Groeten uit Amsterdam [emoji14]

--
Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I agree. Happily I got mine in a trade plus I loved the first one so much I'm happy to have two. I understand the decision in that it makes it easier for Wolfman to just offer the entire razor but I bet they'd sell more additional plates than they would additional razors. With that being said, it appears that they're not exactly struggling for business.

At the risk of being shot at for heresy, I've had a Wolfman WR-1 and I prefer the Guerrilla. The mirror polish on the WR-1 was truly beautiful but the brushed finish on the Guerrilla is up there with the best and I prefer the slightly chunkier base plates. Since I tried one on the passaround it's not been out of the bathroom.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I agree. Happily I got mine in a trade plus I loved the first one so much I'm happy to have two. I understand the decision in that it makes it easier for Wolfman to just offer the entire razor but I bet they'd sell more additional plates than they would additional razors. With that being said, it appears that they're not exactly struggling for business.

At the risk of being shot at for heresy, I've had a Wolfman WR-1 and I prefer the Guerrilla. The mirror polish on the WR-1 was truly beautiful but the brushed finish on the Guerrilla is up there with the best and I prefer the slightly chunkier base plates. Since I tried one on the passaround it's not been out of the bathroom.
Is the OC more aggressive/efficient than the SB?
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Is the OC more aggressive/efficient than the SB?
Subjectively I think there is a bit more blade feel with the OC, although as the heads appear to be identical apart from the comb vs bar and are both advertised as having the same blade gap I'm not sure how much difference there can be. I can get just as close a shave with either so I can't really tell from the results.
 

crist-y

Well-Known Member
Mine:
HIT:
One Blade V1 with GEM blades
SV Tundra Arctica
Mike's Soap Barbershop
Stirling Barbershop and Glacial Lime love their smell and the performance is good as well
I remmener why LPL is so good, having so many soaps I hardly ever use my collection

MISS:
Timeless Razor OC both in 0.68 and 0.95, too rough on my skin my feu Rockwell 6S was wayyy smoother
 
Top