Completed Wickham's LE 2019 Spring Group Buy

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
And it's in hand!

Delighted! The handle is well finished, flawless. The bamboo container is superb. The handle is instantly a favourite! The knot is fantastic and that is without using it. With a low loft, it has the punch of the Simpsons Chubby Synth, without the pointy, prickly feeling. At a higher loft it splays more easily yet still retains tremendous backbone. I'll have a play with loft, before setting...
Thanks all, well worth the wait...

halvor

a most elusive fish
And it's in hand!

Delighted! The handle is well finished, flawless. The bamboo container is superb. The handle is instantly a favourite! The knot is fantastic and that is without using it. With a low loft, it has the punch of the Simpsons Chubby Synth, without the pointy, prickly feeling. At a higher loft it splays more easily yet still retains tremendous backbone. I'll have a play with loft, before setting...
Thanks all, well worth the wait...
How much depth do you have to play with, Lee? Mine was filled with a little more epoxy than I had asked for...

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
How much depth do you have to play with, Lee? Mine was filled with a little more epoxy than I had asked for...
I haven't really looked TBH. There is enough to go from one extreme to other with the knot.
I'll check and report back:okay:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Had a look again, but not measured. My "eye" says I have about 12mm to the top of the resin. It doesn't sound much, but I'm confident I have enough to get he loft I need.

AlphaShaving

Alpha Shaving Works Owner
Vendor
Had a look again, but not measured. My "eye" says I have about 12mm to the top of the resin. It doesn't sound much, but I'm confident I have enough to get he loft I need.
The synth knots don't need setting in very much at all that's why there is only about 15mm max. depth.

AlphaShaving

Alpha Shaving Works Owner
Vendor
I really like it. I know I criticised the "symmetry" earlier in the thread, but it really works. It is my kind of handle. For me perfect length, weight, width and I love the design. The knurling is spot on. It is very similar to my favourite, that my Dad made me before retiring:
I noticed you have a Beehive handle there... watch out for my interpretation - The Beehole. It is a crossover between a beehive and a keyhole.