Wickham 1912 LE Shamrock Tweed Group Buy – October 2017

owlman

Forum GOD!
Mine finally made it to the Continent today. (Yay!) So, after almost three weeks of anticipation, I took a first sniff and... was actually a bit disappointed, because it smells exactly like the Felce Aromatica by Saponificio Varesino. Which is an extremely lovely scent, no doubt, one of the best out there - but, well, obviously also one that already exists. With my eyes closed, I can't tell the two apart. I'm very curious to see if that will change in use.

Does anyone else get the same impression?

ManicDee

Inside a Big Dark Empty
Mine finally made it to the Continent today. (Yay!) So, after almost three weeks of anticipation, I took a first sniff and... was actually a bit disappointed, because it smells exactly like the Felce Aromatica by Saponificio Varesino. Which is an extremely lovely scent, no doubt, one of the best out there - but, well, obviously also one that already exists. With my eyes closed, I can't tell the two apart. I'm very curious to see if that will change in use.

Does anyone else get the same impression?
I have to disagree with you owlman, and I say that as I have both !
Felce Aromatica by Saponificio Varesino is fern!
ok it is woody with grassy notes of petigrain, sage, bergamot, lemon and tangerine.
Whilst the Shamrock Tweed, Is a lemon verbena wonderfully blended with the iris and violet. This produces a richly floral, green and yet delicate powdery sweetness.
Followed by the musk, sandalwood and amber, It is a joy to use and smell.

owlman

Forum GOD!
Far be it from me to argue over anything Shamrock with an Irishman! :D I'm aware that only one of the two soaps is fern, hence my surprise. Both share an identical sweet freshness. Maybe the Felce is a bit more herbal while the Shamrock is more soft? I dunno.

But my nose is a bit wonky; my sense of smell seems to have deteriorated somewhat over the last year or so, to the point where I often have a hard time differentiating the subtleties of scents, so it might just be that I simply miss a lot, and I'd be interested to learn if this is indeed the case here. Some soaps which are lauded for their smell even appear unscented to me (B&M Grand Chypre and L&L Trismegistus, for example), but thankfully Wickham is generally strong enough (except Cashmere, that one is also almost too faint for my nose).

halvor

a most elusive fish
I only bought the face and body soaps in the Shamrock scent, and should have bought it all. Figured I could make do with the five Wickham's shave soaps I already have. But by golly, my bathroom smells lovely from the bar of soap in the shower. Great job, Darron!

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I only bought the face and body soaps in the Shamrock scent, and should have bought it all. Figured I could make do with the five Wickham's shave soaps I already have. But by golly, my bathroom smells lovely from the bar of soap in the shower. Great job, Darron!
He sure did with this scent whoop. How did you keep off the shave soap lol