Which balm

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
I have never tried any Barts. However any of the A&E and Zingari Man balms are amazing. I have several of each but the A&E post shave serum and the Zingari Repair balm are VERY VERY Good.
 

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
I really, really like the Cade scent as well -- I would describe it as a Coca-Cola scent -- but I find it difficult to justify the comparative price, which is double the cost of the Pre de Provence No.63, which I just started using.

The Pre de Provence No.63 scent is like that warm cinnamon. Performance-wise, the Pre de Provence is very light, so in my case quite perfect to use a dab or two in this humid weather. But I would caution that I do not think this is ideal for cold, dry, winter weather.

For winter weather, I really recommend Siliski Soaps post-shave balms. It is much thicker than a normal balm or lotion. It is a little bit greasy going on -- I'd compare the feel to a less thick Vaseline -- but feels like it provides stronger and longer skin protection in harsher weather.
 

Bob

Veteran
I hear many a good thing about Barts. I haven’t used it, but I am planning on remedying this shortly.
I use Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations and find them to be exceptional. It is in the US, so pain to get with shipping and customs and all. Next time I will try P&B, Barts and Wickham’s...
Try the barts "lotion" it is my fav, tho the balms are excellent too
 
Top