Where's TSR gone?

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Paul is a decent bloke, as are many there. The new skin there looks terrrible on my phone so I’m out.
The skin is a temporary thing. The old one doesn't work with the bleeding edge software they are using, so they are using the default theme for now. I'm sure that will all be fixed. And SSL. Just be patient.
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
There are some great people over on there Blademonkey stands out as a great bloke strangely though he will not come here as he believes he wouldn’t be welcome. I have told him it’s nonsense but he stands by his descision. It may be a genuine fear or it may be Big Fish in a small pond syndrome. Who knows.
His appearance on TSR pretty much coincided with the mass migration to ATG.
Maybe he wrongly thinks he was the reason :D
 
The skin is a temporary thing. The old one doesn't work with the bleeding edge software they are using, so they are using the default theme for now. I'm sure that will all be fixed. And SSL. Just be patient.
Thanks for the explanation on why it’s not very good however it has nothing to do with any lack of patience on my part. Maybe they shouldn’t have migrated until it was right.
 

MPH

Forum GOD!
I don't really understand the 'perceived' divide between the two forums. I was heavily involved there, but moved here when it first opened. Although I rarely visit TSR now, its just because I don't have enough time, and many posts are posted on both anyway. I certainly have nothing at all against TSR and I doubt anyone else has.

There was one particular aggressive mod that caused most of the issues, and they disappeared at the time of the divide, so I'd say all was ok now???
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I don't really understand the 'perceived' divide between the two forums. I was heavily involved there, but moved here when it first opened. Although I rarely visit TSR now, its just because I don't have enough time, and many posts are posted on both anyway. I certainly have nothing at all against TSR and I doubt anyone else has.

There was one particular aggressive mod that caused most of the issues, and they disappeared at the time of the divide, so I'd say all was ok now???
Sorry Scottt I can’t agree. As much as I flit between both I can certainly tell the difference between the atmosphere on both forums. I recently brought up the iseue of site security it was put up with for a day or two with other members questioning it also then it disappared with no notification. I brought it up again and eventually I was told to like it or lump it or words to that effect. They still have a take it or leave policy to this day.
 

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
'Stroppy' moderators really do not bother me. Broad shoulders, ignore them etc BUT a distinctly cavalier attitude to site security does. That should have been first on the list of things to do, not a partial balls up of an upgrade.

Onwards and upwards.
 

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
TSR was my favorite forum and probably gets credit for starting my wet shaving adventure and frequent purchases. I recall Father Ted helping with my first nice razor purchase (Seygus). I first learned of Mervyn Cadman on TSR and my first custom shave brush. I loved Carl - both posts and the raffle. I never saw any moderator issues (mainly a "reader" vs "poster").

Today, I find ATG a much more educational and friendly forum than TSR. The current group buys for Soapy Science and Coffee Mugs are excellent examples of ATG members helping both artisans and other members. ATG seems more diverse in shaving products. I feel comfortable asking for help or advice on ATG (members are friendly and knowledgable). ATG members seem to understand sarcasm.

For me and my personal opinion, I find TSR to have a significant number of duplicate posts and the rest dominated by a few. I wish TSR and members the best of luck in the future and thanks for adding value to the shaving community.
 

jb7

Bloke
Someone tell blademonkey to read this and come on over, he is 110% welcome.

I can guarantee you, he had nothing to do with TSR turning crap... that was all down to crazy moderation and nothing else.
 

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I participate on both TSR and ATG, finding both valuable resources. I also frequent shavemyface, but I fear that it has lost much of its vibrancy, as well as TSN. The only forum I’ve run into problems with is The Shave Den where I was banned many years ago for having the temerity to question the female mod on a point. It was rather like something out of the Court of the Star Chamber: no explanation of what I’d done to transgress the rules, no right to appeal, just a guilty verdict out of the blue; I have yet to understand the sensitivity of said mod. Overall, I find the four shaving forums I currently frequent to be very pleasant and informative places.
 
Last edited:
Top