When was your last rough shave?

D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Here are the ingredients.

Aqua (demineralized water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide
 

halvor

a most elusive fish
Bored AND getting rough shaves, Wayne. It’s a hard life! :laugh:

Been a few weeks since my last rough one. Seem to come either when mixing and testing too much or simply because of the skin being sensitive from hormones or diet or environment or wheatever.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Bored AND getting rough shaves, Wayne. It’s a hard life! :laugh:

Been a few weeks since my last rough one. Seem to come either when mixing and testing too much or simply because of the skin being sensitive from hormones or diet or environment or wheatever.
Had two weeks off work mate, stayed at home too which means it’s been incredibly borrrrrrrrring!
 

Nisse

Old geezer
Overdid the diamond paste stropping on my straight out of curiosity and sure enough: resulted in a harsh shave, sharp but harsh, so 10 laps on diamond paste = fine, but 30 laps = bad, try for yourself if you do not believe me :)
 
Last edited:

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
What stone / etc did you finish on? Just out of interest.
A Japanese natural, some kind of Karasu pattern. I have had good results in the past but I think I didn’t do enough laps without nagura slurry - it’s a stainless blade and I have always struggled to get a good polish on it. It’s almost certainly me and not the gear!
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I seem to get them in waves - 2-3 rough shaves followed by 2-3 great shaves. Not entirely sure why. Being preoccupied in my mind during a shave sometimes doesn't help.
I am preoccupied in my mind about what products to use and why I didn't use the other one, etc..
I know, I am a crazy man for sure.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
What's a rough shave? The odd time I get one it is usually something I did not the gear. Yes, Aloe Vera works well to sooth a rough shave.

Bob
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Don't bin it, I assume you are talking about the soft ¿croap? type TOBS, which is one that I love, you should try loading more than you think you will need and use less water than you might think, even the water in the brush might be more than enough.

Try it atleast a few more times it is a very good soap imho, if not put it on BST I'm sure someone will appreciate it :wink:
Nope, not the cream which is very good, the hard soap which isn’t.
 

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
The last shave with the Rex Ambassador right before a gent on another forum took it off my hands. I'm glad the Ambassador exists, and I love the design & build quality, but it was simply too aggressive/too much blade feel for me (on any setting) at least for daily use, and I require every razor I own to be usable (by me) as a daily, otherwise it gets sent packing. My POV about what constitutes "aggressive" will likely change if/when my life changes and I only shave a couple times each week.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Shaved this morning and pleased to report it was up to the usual standards we wet shavers expect. I used the same set up but swapped out the Gillette Yellow for a Shark and the difference was night and day, no weepers, no soreness, no stubble.
I'm putting the last shave down to a possible dodgy blade and it has shaved it's last face. Happy Wolfie today.
 
Top